5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2016 2:38 PM by bejacob RSS

Do Rewards stays that require extra payment count as "Paid Stays"

7 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm looking into using points to stay at JW Grosvenor House. I noticed that if set the # of guests to 3 (to include my 8yo) then it requires me to pay an extra 50GBP/night to bump up to a Superior room. That prompted the titular question in my mind. Since the MegaBonus requires a "paid stay" does this sort of hybrid Reward+supplement count?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Rewards stays that require extra payment count as "Paid Stays"
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

mine in the past didn't

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

No.  While they count toward annual and lifetime elite status, they do not count towards Megabonus.  Just completed 2 paid nights and 5 points redemption nights, where we paid an extra $100/night for a Griffin Club room upgrade at a JW.  The redeemed nights counted toward status earnings, but not towards Megabonus.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

No for me as well, as recently as this latest MegaBonus.  Like others said, you get elite nights credit and credit toward lifetime status only, and even that is an improvement on the way they used to handle things.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

As others have pointed out, they do not count. If, however, you paid for one night of a multi-night stay and used points to cover additional nights, the one paid night would count toward the MegaBonus. 

I'm guessing when the Cash + Points rolls out later this month, those nights will not count toward the MegaBonus either. The terms and conditions already states that "members will not earn points on the cash portion of the NEW Cash + Points."  It does say the elite night credit will be earned, though it will likely show up as an elite night redeemed since it does involve the redemption of at least some points. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...