5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2016 12:28 PM by brightlybob RSS

Starwood Hotels being added to Marriott Rewards?

jehoey Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot wait till Marriott finishes adding the Starwood hotels to the Marriott rewards program. Twice this year already I could have stayed at a closer Starwood to my company's office, but had to opt for a further Marriott to get the points. Do we know when (if?) this will be happening soon?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Starwood Hotels being added to Marriott Rewards?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The deal hasn't even been signed off yet, so there'll be nothing at all till that happens in June.

Judging by the time taken to integrate much smaller purchases there'll be no amalgamation of programs or booking much before 2018, but its quite possible that Marriott may move to quickly cross-recognise (status match) members enabling the respective elites to be recognised across the group albeit via the seperate schemes.

SO watch this space for an announcement along those lines in the summer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Starwood Hotels being added to Marriott Rewards?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Is there a merger I didn't hear about - WOW !! 

brightlybob  Sir, I certainly hope that you have created a page where you can "copy and paste" this statements.

By now we must have exhausted all explanations about the expected implementation of the "new" program.  Hopefully our comments will delay members from standing in line at their local Sheraton.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...