53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 10:00 PM by greekbecky RSS

Photogenic Pets?

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
Currently Being Moderated

feline.jpg

I know a lot of you travel with your pets, and since I am struck with puppy fever at the moment, I thought it’d be great to ask for some photos of your pets related to your travels. This could range from photos of subtle signals they don’t want you to go (like jumping in a suitcase while packing), to a picture of you together on your voyages. A few Insiders like 702rugbyref, who shared pictures of Rolexx, and pluto77, who shared a photo of Derby Dog (on the Traveling with your Furry Friends thread) probably have a few more photos in their files, and we want more!

Let’s get as many as we can and create an album of your beloved four-legged friends!

I’m also curious if any Insiders are as dedicated to including their pets in their travels as this duo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpuutsCydc

Not an Insider yet?

Sign in with your Marriott Rewards account to post

or join Marriott Rewards

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Photogenic Pets?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Love this, deannad!  We have two dogs that we've brought with us on many a trip.  Our favorite place to bring them is up to our family's camp in the Adirondacks.  This is where they get to run around and swim until they fall asleep.  This has to be our lab Yogi's most favorite place. Every time we pull up to the camp, regardless of what time it is, he jumps out of the car and goes straight into the lake! The hardest part is making sure he doesn't jump in the lake on our last day.  Driving home with a wet dog is not always the most fun. 

Yogi.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yogi is so handsome! I love that he loves the water... a dog after my own heart

greekbecky Platinum

I agree, great thread on our lovable pets!  I live in the Fingerlakes region, are you nearby?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Since our little baby girl does not go outside nor travel I'll have to wait for our next trip to get a picture of her sitting in the roll-a-board before we zip them up.

S3600040.JPG

hassmh Gold

Our 2 year old dog loathes the car, acts out aggressively toward any males outside myself or our son, and few, if any, hotels will welcome a 100+ lb canine, so he has not travelled with us nor is he likely to ever travel with us any further than the local PetHotel. So I can't post any travel pictures either, but I can show him in his comfy spot at home:

IMG_2457.jpg

hassmh Gold

Forgot to add, in reference to the original post's suggestion of subtle signs of not wanting us to leave; another of Max's favorite spots to lay is right in front of the door, blocking it entirely from being opened. I usually think of it in his role as guard dog protecting the entrance to the house (and causing UPS/FedEx to rarely ring the bell anymore!), but definitely also a way he tells us he doesn't want us to leave, since it often takes a stern command to get him to reluctantly move out of the way!

hassmh Ah the old "block the door" method, such a classic guard dog move. Sounds like Max has some serious attachment to his family - which is a reflection on you being amazing dog parents to him!

hassmh Gold

IMG_2558.jpg

He may look docile, but if the bell rings, Max is up in a flash, standing on his hind legs, front paws on the sidelights (which puts his head about face level or higher for most people), barking through the glass like the guard dog he's supposed to be! You can imagine not many people are completely comfortable standing at the door with that going on, so we're trying to train him to be a bit more restrained (with no improvement so far, may be hopeless). But if he sees it's a female ringing the bell he usually goes quickly from aggressively scary to aggressively friendly, so hopefully no female burglars come by when we're away!

IAHFLYR Is your kitty hiding somewhere, or were you getting artsy with your photography angles?

Oh no she was hiding in the spot she loves during the Holidays, under the tree where she can see all that goes on around her and nobody can see her or so she thinks!

KatieC Member

So cute! A seat by the window is the closes my little Shugga will get to traveling. She likes it when we travel, though. Plenty of alone time.

Platinum 4 Reviews

b.jpg

Look......no hands!

Hah! I had to do a double take for a second! What's your dog's name?

Platinum 4 Reviews

PICT0241.JPG

Aaron Burr.....but I call him Mr B.

Amazing name for a pup! Did Mr. B draw the B in the sand!? 

Platinum 4 Reviews

deerfield.jpg

Did he draw his name in the sand?......Mr B's outdoor mafia name is "The Digger", so...........(fill in the blank).

It's my dogs world....I just live in it (and take many pictures of it). Having said that and keeping with the pet travel theme, Mr B in the short 8 years I've had him (adopted from a dog rescue place) has peed in most of the states in the continental US, Mexico, and 4 Canadian Provinces. Where he goes......I follow.

Pic.....Xmas Day 2012 Deerfield, IL  Residence Inn.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

IMG_2610.JPG

Cheyenne asking "is that a SUITCASE????"

Haha! Cheyenne is adorable, look at those ears - I bet they are so soft    That is definitely the "please don't go unless you take me with you!" look when they see a suitcase.

Platinum 4 Reviews

Good looking dog! I'm NOT letting my dog see that Cheyenne sleeps on a memory foam sleeper or he'll just have to have one too.

wesleywc, Yes, probably a good idea not to share the memory foam sleeper pic with your dog....although Cheyenne sure loves it & it must feel good on her 9 year old bones!

These are great photos and stories of our cute babies!!

seatexan Platinum

This is Earl - he goes on all my road trips!   He LOVES to go for a ride in the truck!

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

IMG_5150.JPG

Looks like Earl is quite the mini traveler! I love the side tilt of the head in the bottom two photos!

vertol46 Platinum

My wife and I are moving from FL to NC. I'm in NC working, and she's been in FL while our house sells. She takes good care of my whippets ... with the occasional lapse. She sent these pictures to me and asked me what they were doing.

IMG_3477.jpgIMG_3478.jpg

I replied with:

url.jpg

Please, sir, may I have some more?

seatexan Platinum

LOL!!! they always want more! and are too cute to not indulge!

I feel like all my friends that have dogs have more pictures of their dogs than anything else in their phones, and I can't blame them because they're so cute!

I bet your pups really miss you Until the next time they see you.... I'm sure they'll continue begging the wife!

hassmh Gold

The second reminds me of our Max, always getting right up close to my wife trying to get more snacks because he knows she'll give in. I told her before we got him, never feed him off your plate or he'll always be begging, but she didn't listen! He knows better than to beg with me, I'm immune to the puppy charms (I give him snacks in his food bowl, avoids the begging and he's just as happy).

greekbecky Platinum

They're hungry, because I ate it all!

2016-06-12_0-48-03.jpg

*lucky1* Silver

Cute kitty ....

greekbecky Platinum

Thank you...:)

Here are our office dogs!

This is Oscar (wearing his cute little sweater to keep warm in the cold CT weather):

oscar.jpg

and Mae (snuggling up on her bed as always, except for when she hears/smells food of any kind and then she is mysteriously right next to your seat):

mae.jpg

Although they are not my dogs personally, they travel with their dad most days of the week to keep us all company, and we love it!

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

I have a confession. I have become totally obsessed with feeding the squirrels in the back yard over the last few years.  My best little buddy is Pee-Wee (yes, I have names for many of them).  I first met Pee-Wee last August when I walked down on the grass by the deck and he was just sitting there eating a piece of corn.  He was just a little guy; I think he may have snuck out of the nest early. I just stood there and he wasn’t afraid of me at all and I got a few sunflower seeds for him and talked to him a little bit.  Well he kept coming back on a regular basis and now he just about comes in the house when I open the back door to give him a walnut or peanut or pecan.  He hurt one of his little front paws and he had a big chunk of fur chewed out of his back but he is a fighter and a survivor and although not a conventional pet here are some pictures.

I have a swing for them; here is Pee-Wee sitting in it eating corn.

IMG_1781.JPG

I have a tractor for them; again Pee-Wee on the railing by the tractor eating a piece of corn.

IMG_1798.JPG

And my favorite picture is Pee-Wee on top of the Nut House a friend of mine built for the squirrels; he is eating a little oyster cracker and if you look closely you can see his little Pee-Weiner so I feel confident calling him a him.  I hope that doesn’t get censored.  I was standing about two feet away from him when I took this picture.

IMG_1797.JPG

I spend so much money on the little guys last year when I had my taxes done I asked if I could claim them as dependents.  I was told they have to have Social Security Numbers.  Gosh I wonder what would happen if I tried to get a SSN for a squirrel?

Those pictures insidenji are really awesome.

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

I'm glad you enjoyed them IAHFLYR.  OK if you insist here are a couple more.  Every year the Washington Post has squirrel week right around Cherry Blossom time.  They also have a photo contest; here is the one I submitted last year but I didn't win.  Boo Hoo.  And yes I actually built them a "drive thru" out of an orange crate and a spinach box; also I thought the flag was a nice touch.

IMG_0842.JPG

The caption was:

Lunch at the “drive thru.”

A very patriotic squirrel “drive-thru” complete with a clear, plastic atrium for their sit down dining pleasure.  I built it and they come every day for the noon special; sunflower seeds.

Also during the summer they get really hot and have to flop out on their bellies to cool of; they look pretty funny.

IMG_0300.JPG

OK enough of the squirrel pictures.  Hey if I make it to the Insiders Get Together in Houston I'd be happy to conduct a squirrel seminar; that would be a crowd favorite for sure; well maybe not.

insidenji,

I am "nuts" about these photos of Pee Wee & friends! 

My dad has been feeding squirrels (he still says he's just feeding the birds but we all know the squirrels occupy one of the feeders) and we have the plumpest squirrels and birds on the block! I picture them going back into the woods and telling all their friends and family to come to our house to join in on the feast!

I love the picture where he's laid out on the railing!

Was definitely not expecting any squirrel photos when asking for pictures of pets, but think they make a great addition to the conversation! 

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Yes the squirrels are the funniest little animals and I'm sure they somehow spread the word around Squirrelville where to find all the peanuts, etc.

They do look pretty funny all flopped out like they are getting ready to watch a movie in the den on Saturday night.

You'd have a few "squirrels" in attendance alright!!1

I love Pee-Wee!!  So cute.

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Hi 77paris I just fed Pee-Wee and told him you said Hi.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Fabulous, insidenji.  I work in a building surrounded by a park, and there are three squirrels in particular that I see regularly from outside the building's front entrance.  After a while, you get to know them, and they become distinguishable.  One in particular, is fat, and one can see why.  He's constantly chasing and intimidating the other squirrels.  I don't know if he's a bully, or just a foodie.  I have one dog like that.  He'd eat up the food in everyone's dish if he could get away with it.

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Hi pluto77 glad you liked them.  I know how addictive it is to watch the crazy little animals; and yes after awhile they develop their own personalities and some are definitely bullies especially the little red ones; they are NAUGHTY!!  I think when it comes to food all the rules of civility with animals and a lot of humans too get tossed right out the window.

seatexan Platinum

Adorable! <3!

*lucky1* Silver

Great pictures!

I Know what you mean I to get addicted to watching the wildlife.. I have a couple of ducks that come everyday. If i don"t see them at the time they usually come I get worried for them...lol....

image.jpegimage.jpeg

*lucky1* Silver

Favorite picture of my sweet cat named Kitty...

she has passed and is missed greatly......

image.jpeg

Now I enjoy my daughters kitty Alaska when he comes to visit...

image.jpeg

seatexan Platinum

LOL this is last one here of Alaska.  Great pose.

I know how it is to lose a beloved kitty. She was very pretty! I know it is hard, but I am so glad you can enjoy Alaska when he visits.

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Oh *lucky1* poor sweet Kitty, but I think it brings one great comfort whether an animal or even a human to remember all the good times you had with them.

*lucky1* Silver

Thank you.. Nice thought...

Alaska looks quite majestic! I bet he loves when he visits you!

*lucky1* Silver

Yes, he is a lot of fun...will be watching him for three months while daughter goes to Maine for internship watching mother moose and their babies..

Know he  will miss his favorite place to sit by her window though with all the beautiful birds to watch but will have to find some new place here...lol

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Alaska looks quite a bit more regal than my Dakota....but there is something special about a black & white "tuxedo" cat!IMG_0350.jpg

*lucky1* Silver

Such a beautiful kitty!

greekbecky Platinum

Its hard to lose a pet...I lost two kitties this year, I feel it too.

vertol46 Platinum

IMG_1227.jpg

Only photogenic if you're okay with animals hunting animals.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...