3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2016 3:06 AM by californian RSS

12 Hours in Hong Kong... Ideas?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My trip to Bangkok has been ticketed. I'll be on Cathey Pacific (booked thru American) from EWR to HKG then on to BKK.  I have built in a 12 hour layover in Hong Kong. I'll arrive at 5:30 AM and depart at 5:05PM. I'm looking to leave the airport, check in to a Marriott property for a couple of hours to freshen up (15+ hr flight)..... then a taste of the city for a few hrs before returning to HKG.

I haven't done much research yet. I like to walk, I don't mind the hop on-hop off type of bus tours, and enjoy history and local cuisine. My preference would be to use the airport express line to get to a Marriott property, then go from there.

Thoughts, advice, and ideas are welcome.......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hong Kong, China Marriott Hotels & Resorts Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Hong Kong, China JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
  • Re: 12 Hours in Hong Kong... Ideas?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

See if you can "Pre-arrange" for the hotel Concierge to have a way for you to get to the top of Victoria Peak!  It is one of the most spectacular views you can imagine.

Be sure to inquire about a "Private car"!  You probable can see more in 1/2 a day with a private guide than most tourists can see in a week!  Yes, it will be more expensive, but it will be safer, more relaxing, and you may want to have them pick you up at the airport and drop you back off.  You will save a lot of time!

I hope the Concierge can help with some ideas and cost options!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Right near the airport area is the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery and if time permits Tai O Village.  Doing all of this would take about 5-6 hours.  If this interests you, I will give some specific directions.  The cost would be about $40/person.  You didn't mention which hotel you will be at, I assume the Sky City Marriott.  If this is right, they will shuttle you to the MTR station and from there you can walk a short distance to catch the Cable car.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

If you are flying business or better, Cathay Pacific has an arrival lounge that has showers and light food.  You may not need a hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...