4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2016 10:20 AM by peymanagement RSS

When would you like to have content deleted/archived?

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

OK - so it was pointed out to me by brightlybob that the polls don't jump to the top once people vote - so here's the link to the poll

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1502

but people can keep commenting here. Thanks again for the suggestion bb!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When would you like to have content deleted/archived?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I say leave it alone. All posts are date stamped when created (or edited). All we have to do is look at the dates and not respond to old questions.

I really don't see what the big deal is. So somebody responds to an old question or comment. So what? Ignore it and move on.

Deleting old posts is a horrible idea. So much great information would be lost. Archiving might be a possibility, but is it necessary? If people looked at the dates of posts when responding, then the answer is no. Archiving is the lazy way out.

Take a moment to check the date on the thread. If there's a good reason to revive an old topic, go ahead and post. If not, don't comment. It's as easy as that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I would archive a thread when either of two things occurs.

1.  The thread goes without an entry for some predetermined period of time, say three months.

2.  When the monitors observe that the thread has gone completely off-point.

Platinum

I agree with #1, but #2 might result in quite a few posts being deleted and would require quite a bit of effort on the part of the mods.

peymanagement Platinum

On reflection I am with bejacob, there is a lot of useful info here. Some of it ages to the point of not being value, but a lot stands the test of time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...