5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2016 5:26 AM by jakeal RSS

Quickest and Cheapest?

thanksinadvance Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have oodles of MR points and oodles of American Express points, but relatively few airline points.  I need to get to the east coast as quickly as possible for a family emergency -- no one is in danger of dying, but there is an acute illness and I'd like to fly back to help my parents.  Does anyone have tips on the quickest and cheapest way to book a flight?  It will take 3 days for any MR points that i transfer to be eligible for United (which appears to offer the best deal) and I need to try and be there sooner than that if possible.  are there tricks or tips that I am missing  -- some deeply discounted way to fly on the next day or something?  Thanks -- I'm pretty rattled right now and not handling the search process.  (FWIW I'm platinum Ritz/Marriott, platinum AMEX, and MileagePlus Club card holder -- with only 10K MP points so far)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Quickest and Cheapest?
    peymanagement Platinum

if you are platinum AMEX, turn the card over and call the number, they will do it all for you and you will get the best deal. it is 100 points a dollar which is the best rate you will get. they provide concierge and will look after all arrangements.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Sorry to read of the family emergency, hope all will be okay and that you get home asap.

Not sure if you have thought of this and certainly no idea of your spending situation, but if you really want a cheap fare look at flying on Spirit or Frontier Airlines if they fly to a destination close by.  Probably not the most luxurious of travel ways, but you'll be able to leave today most likely.

Best of luck and let us know when you get a chance how it turned out.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the Community, thanksinadvance.  Our members have some great advice!  Wishing you easy and safe travels!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

It's not the best point redemption value but you can always use the website: http://www.marriottrewardsairandcar.com

The site allows you to use Marriott Rewards points toward airline and car rental purchases.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

thanksinadvance, you could use your American Express Membership Rewards points to book a flight directly at (amextravel.com). I believe points are worth .01 when booking through Amex Travel so a $100 ticket would cost you 10,000 Membership Reward points.

Safe travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...