6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2016 11:19 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Using hotel for just the day (long layovers)

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Have many of you used a nearby airport marriott just for the day during a long layover?  I did this once when traveling with the family. It was about the same as paying for the rest of the fam to get into the lounge area and it also gave us access to a swimming pool which made a six hour layover pass by easily.  I'm not sure if Marriotts generally have a day-use price, I just paid for the room as if I was staying the night. Anybody have any similar experience?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia,
  • Re: Using hotel for just the day (long layovers)
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have tried to do this with Marriott but the ones I checked didn't have a day use price and with the check in and check out times I couldn't make it work.  I did find a Hilton at the same airport that did offer day use for a reduced price.  Then the airline had a schedule change and I didn't need it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I have a very close friend who is a Corporate Pilot and they often have a long layover at an airport when they fly the big wigs in for a day long meeting.  So rather than sit on the plane with the ground power connected up all day long or sit in the Pilot Lounge at the Fixed Base Operator which has their huge jets parked on their ramp they often will get a day room for each of the three crew members, most often at Marriott properties.  I will ask him tomorrow how much they usually cost etc.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I do this quite often. I haven't asked for a day rate. I either pay the lowest price available or use points. I have a 12 hr layover (on purpose) coming up in Hong Kong and will use the JW, Ren, or Marriott as my hub.

vertol46 Platinum

I've done this in Frankfurt at the Sheraton during the long layovers on flights between Africa and North America. A bargain at twice the price to get 5-6 hours sleep on a 40-hour journey.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Yes, my cousin who is a business owner and constant traveler does this often.  He's had some success negotiating an hourly rate (sounds bad, but you know what I mean).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...