This discussion is locked
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2016 8:58 AM by carat RSS

platinum challenge request

xiexinghui Member
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi everyone,

I am working at Microsoft China.

I am SPG platinum member since 2013. Mostly I was staying with SPG for all kind of purpose.

I was hardly living in any Marriott’s hotel before, just because I do not hold any membership with Marriott. But I would like to get one in order to get some new experiences. I have a business trip within next two months. It is my best chance to try out the hotels with Marriott in U.S and Canada. I do realize that Marriott has a challenge program that will ask you to have 9 stay in order to get a platinum membership. I would like to take that chance if it is possible for you to register that challenge for me. Is there anyone here can appcet my request because I really want to try out all of the benefits of Marriott.

I can give you all of the proofs that shows my SPG platinum member status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: platinum challenge request
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Challenges have been offered to achieve the next highest level of status. To participate in a Platinum challenge, a member would already need to be Gold.

Marriott has been very stingy in matching status from other chains. Not that it can't happen, it just doesn't very often. As a member who has not yet reached Silver, I think you will have a very difficult time convincing Marriott to offer you a Platinum challenge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: platinum challenge request
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi xiexinghui!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!

I'd like to tell you a little about Marriott Rewards Status Challenges.  The challenges are based off of members current status and invite you to earn the next level status by completing a given amount of stays within a given time period.  Members are only eligible to participate in one challenge per 12 months.  I saw that you had included your Rewards number in your post. I removed it to make sure your information stays personal.  I am looking into which status challenge you are eligible for now and will circle back via direct message. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...