3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2010 1:41 PM by usndoc RSS

Good News About Roll Over Nights!

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No doubt several of you are already aware that the 2009 Roll Over Nights program has been extended into 2010-11.  However, there has been a lot of discussion and speculation about this question in our Forum and I wanted to mention it.  I received my 2010 Platinum Renewal packet in the mail yesterday, and the extension of the Roll Over nights program (nights earned above your minimum renewal will be rolled over into 2011) is menitoned in the accompanying letter.  This is very good news from two points of view.  (1) Nobody knew whether this program, when it was announced in 2009, would be an ad hoc program for one year or not.  I am sure Marriott made the decision to extend it for another year because of the poor state of the economy.  Nevertheless, it seems a good decision on the part of the corporation and certainly a boon to us MR folks.  (2) When this program was announced, we were already well into the calendar year 2009.  Now we have the info that this program is going to run for another year at the beginning of the calendar year.  This is a huge advantage to us members because it gives us more time to build more nights that will roll over for us into 2011. 

Thanks, Marriott, for a good decision, one that is to the benefit (I believe) of both your corporation and your loyal MR members.  And the rest of you guys, get busy planning more trips and more weekend getaways (go to Europe...the concierge lounges are open on weekends there!).  Happy traveling in 2010 to all my fellow MR members!  I have greatly enjoyed this informative and cordial Forum and thank Marriott and all of you for this opportunity, and hope it continues.

• Re: Good News About Roll Over Nights!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fantastic news and yes this is a winner for Marriott and for us.  You may have noticed that no other hotel chain has dared or cared to implement rollovers, just as only one carrier in the phone world has been alone in making it happen.  Nonetheless it is a commitment on the part of Marriott Rewards to reward loyal customers, even though there is a cost to them in doing this.

Thanks for the post and I too salute us all, people who travel to make a living, but enjoy the company of Marriott and other road warriors!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Diogenes

Outstanding post about outstanding news.  This is one more example of Marriott's capacity to invite feedback and innovate on the ideas that Insiders suggest.  When I entered this forum a year ago, there was a very heated discussion* underway about the 2009 changes to Marriott Rewards.  In the discussion, there was an idea put forth about Rollover Nights.  A few months later, Marriott introduced Rollover Nights in conjunction with Double Nights.

Thank you for sharing the most up-to-date news about the program.

* 2009 Program Changes  (Please note that there are close to 650 replies/messages in this discussion which has the record number of views, now exceeding 28,000.  Depending upon your connection, it may take a minute or more to load so you can view it.)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

usndoc Platinum

I had enough to roll over to 2011.  After they substracted the 75 nights, I had 77 left!  That means I am already two nights into 2011.  I also noticed a new level "Platinum Premier", not "Platinum Elite".  Marriott does it right and that keeps us in the system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...