2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2016 7:53 AM by nstraveler RSS

Canadians BEWARE! Your Marriott credit card lacks services...

nstraveler Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As Canadians we are pretty good at managing to cope with bad weather. As it turns out, our Marriott Rewards Credit card in Canada is lacking in its basic travel insurance for trip delays or unpredicted layovers. Airlines do not cover delays or cancellations due to weather, but they do cover mechanical failure delays.  When you read the Marriott Rewards card information on the website there are all there promises (all empty north of the border) about trip delay insurance coverage etc. These are not applicable to us Canadians- they believe we can walk 100km in a blizzard! I was recently delayed in (February 2016) in returning to the east coast from Ottawa by the airline and incurred a hotel stay and lost a day of work back home.

When I called the Marriott Card phone line they asked why I had gotten room- well duh, the weather was so poor a plane could not take off dudes! (also, I have never slept on a park bench- even in summer). I am a Marriott platinum member, I have their credit card, and was using it for all my travel but will now elect to use my American Express Card or my visa Infinite Card both of which provide ample coverage for these sorts of events and would have reimbursed me for the entire hotel room in addition to clothing and meals- just saying.

Read the fine print on the CANADIAN website.... we get crappy service and shovel not use this card for travel. I am unlikely to renew unless there si a huge change in policy. Canadian are getting ripped off with respect to the upgraded cards and the travel insurance. They also hire people who think their members should sleep in a snowbank if my flight is cancelled!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Canadians BEWARE! Your Marriott credit card lacks services...
    peymanagement Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry to hear your troubles. I always book my flights on my Amex Plat, yes it is true that the Chase Canada card is not nearly as good as the US card. It was a pretty wild night in the Maritimes did you finally get home ok? I got stuck in Saint John lucky to get into the Delta. Send some more posts, we need more Canadians on here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...