4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2016 8:50 AM by muppetwrangler RSS

old posts?

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Further to the discussion today of time limiting posts I notice a five year old post on here tonight. Why is a 5byear old post on here?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
recommendations
  • Re: old posts?
    Platinum

I am going to start a poll to ask MRI members how long the mods should wait until they kill a post. I think if we can drive enough participation, they should take some action, whadaya think?

Take the poll here

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1503

and I'll forward to NathalieF after a few weeks. Encourage others to participate so we get a large sample. Someone mentioned that they think there are most 100 active users - let's see!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    recommendations
      peymanagement Platinum

yes there was another one on over night that caught a few out and wasted their time.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm not in favor of removing of old posts. There is a lot of good info out there and it can be helpful to look back over it from time to time. If old posts were to be removed, all blogs should be excluded.

In general it should be up to us to notice the dates on a topic before responding. I would be in favor of preventing further posting to a thread after a certain length of inactivity, but I'd want that time period to be fairly long (not sure exactly how long).

My best advice to everyone is to check the date before you post a reply. Any questions or comments from years ago should probably be left alone unless there is a truly compelling reason to open the discussion again.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, just last night I was fooled by a post from 5 years ago that popped up on my feed as new.  I didn't check the date, but from now on I shall. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...