6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2016 3:48 PM by deannad RSS

Mega Bonus Question

BDeRicco Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I just registered for the Mega Bonus and realize that I have an earlier stay in February (from before I registered for the promotion).  Will this be "counted" towards Mega Bonus retroactively?

Thanks for your guidance!

BDR

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mega Bonus Question
    AZDesertRat Platinum

In my experience, no.  The terms of the promotion are pretty clear on this.  However, I often am surprised when I learn of exceptions made when terms and conditions have not been met for qualifying for a Rewards benefit or status.  Our resident rules expert, bejacob might have a better answer to this one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it should count.

The terms and conditions state "Members who register by April 15, 2016..." and then go on to say "...for nights stayed between February 1, 2016 and May 15, 2016 at participating Marriott properties."

Now that you've registered, it might be worth keeping an eye on your promotions for the next few days. If the earlier stay doesn't appear, it might we worth calling the customer service line. Chances are it will be there shortly without any intervention on your part.

Keep us posted on what happens. We'll all benefit from knowing.

AZDesertRat Platinum

Of course, bejacob  did have a better answer.  After a double check of the Terms and Conditions (at least that accompanied my offer), I agree with him that the earlier stay should count.  There is no stated condition that prior registration is required.   Like him, I had to call to get enrolled in the Mega Bonus, and I might have been in your same situation if not alerted by the MR Insiders of this MegaBonus.  Let us know what happens.

BDeRicco Gold

Thanks all - I have a stay coming up and will keep an eye on the account - more to come.

BDeRicco Gold

Looks like it was counted folks - got a free nite certificate waiting for me - Thanks!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Glad to hear, thanks for providing the update!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...