9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2016 9:34 AM by razorbackfan RSS

"Spirit to Serve with Aloha"

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am nominating Taylor L., a Guest Service Agent at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, for a Spirit to Serve Award.  We were fortunate that Taylor checked us in because she provided the best check-in experience we have ever received.  Taylor thanked us for our loyalty to Marriott and made sure we were upgraded to an ocean view room on a high floor. She gave us a card that explained what the $30 Activity Package (resort fee) included and explained where breakfast was temporarily located and suggested that we take advantage of the 25% food discount at the Kuhio Beach Grill or Moana Terrace.  We were also given coupons for beverages at Seattle's Best which has 2 locations on the hotel property.  Taylor also pointed out a couple of the cultural classes which I might enjoy. She also made sure we knew we could extend our stay until 6 pm on the day we checked out for a nominal fee.  When our check-in was completed, she spent time with us asking questions about our whale watching on Maui and was delighted during a later visit when I told her about all the whales we had seen when spending time on our balcony.  Taylor left a sweet note for us under our door complete with a whale tail drawing.  She offered her further help if there was anything we needed.  I was delighted when she kept me supplied with chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  Every time she saw us (and was not busy) she would come from behind the desk to greet us and ask about our stay.  The hotel world would be a better place if Taylor's customer service could be duplicated during all check-ins.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
  • Re: "Spirit to Serve with Aloha"

I wanted to include this picture of the sweet note we received from Taylor, my Spirit to Serve nominee from above; however, I remembered I had to use Chrome rather than Internet Explore to post a picture. 

note.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Now how does Marriott find a way to bottle Taylor and her professional friendly helpful self into a nice package for all other Marriott Associates to learn from?  Excellent experience and thanks RBF for sharing this with us.  I see a "Spirit to Serve" nomination in her future don't I?

Taylor certainly set the gold (or silver or platinum) standard for her customer service at check-in and through out our stay. All of her interactions were so sincere and always very professional.  She really made us feel like valued guests.

It's funny that you mentioned bottling her "package" because we had a similar discussion with a gentleman (I hope in management) who appeared to be monitoring the front desk area and asked if he could help us.  We told him we were waiting to talk to Taylor and he said everyone wants to talk to Taylor which led me to believe that he recognizes how valuable her "package" is.

By the way, my original discussion was actually Taylor's Spirit  to Serve nomination.

Whoops, it sure was.  See what excellent CS does to make me totally forget the title of the thread?  Or maybe it was just geezerhood!    Either way I do hope that fella was in Management.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Indeed, Taylor embodies the spirit to serve.  If only all associates were like her, Marriott would have untouchable service!

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, fazorbackfan, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, razorbackfan, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

Wonderful news.....thank you for sharing that with us Insiders laurac.

Laura, I am so pleased to find out that Taylor won the Spirit to Serve award.  She really deserves this award.  Thank you for letting me know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...