6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2016 3:04 PM by jolejniczak RSS

London Regents Park Marriott Under Construction?

jolejniczak Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone know if the London Regents Park Marriott is under construction?  I've heard that a refurbishment started in January 2016.  Any details on what is being done would be greatly appreciated as I'm headed there in March.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: London Regents Park Marriott Under Construction?
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

jolejniczak, I am tagging some of our members from across the pond. Tommo781, brightlybob, and arkwright and information on the London Regents Park Marriott to answer jolejniczak's question?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

jakeal has tagged me for this.  "Under construction" in the UK means in the process of being built.  So I am guessing that, as the hotel has been there for some years, you mean is the refurbishment complete.  Personally, I have never stayed there, as it is not in an area of London that suits me.  Nothing wrong with it you understand, just the wrong side of the park for me.  I warn you, it is not close to Central London attractions.

I can't find much about the renovations except comments on Trip Advisor.  It appears the work has been going on this month.  See the posts and replies.  London Marriott Hotel Regents Park - Top Reviews 2016

If I were you, I think I would ring the hotel to check what is going on.

jolejniczak Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for taking the time to answer Tommo781.  I have stayed here many times...mainly because it is away from Central London .  The trip Advisor posts were extremely helpful...thanks.  I'm going to stay away for now.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for the shoutout jakeal, but all I can really do is echo Tommo781, it's not a place I stay at, though I did stay there once about 10 years ago. It's definitely not being constructed but refurbishment is far more likely. It's most definitely NOT central London!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi All!  Our team looked into this for you all and have found out that it is indeed under construction. Presently, they are working in the lobby and completion is expected around the end of March. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...