4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2016 10:36 AM by pickleball1 RSS

How are points for Atlantis calculated?

pickleball1 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I made a reservation through the Marriott website for a stay at Atlantis in July.  The charge immediately showed up on my Marriott CC which I have since paid.  I was given 1 point per dollar spent.

Since I think this is incorrect (I think it is supposed to be 5 points per dollar spent--on the room; everything else is 1 point per dollar), I contacted Customer Service by phone 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from them.  Last week, I emailed Customer Service, again no reply.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get an answer?  I am disappointed that I have been ignored by Marriott customer service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How are points for Atlantis calculated?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi pickleball1. Apologies for the frustration this has caused! I have gone ahead and reached out via direct message.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Hi pickleball1, I am glad that carat has reached out and will be able to assist you. I am unsure from your post if you contacted Chase Customer Service or Marriott Customer Service, but if your frustration is with Atlantis coding as 1 pts. per dollar spent on your Chase Marriott CC then you would need to be in touch with Chase directly as they are the only ones who can resolve that situation. In my experience, they will often issue the correct number of points since the Atlantis should be coded as a Marriott purchases therefore earning 5 pts. per dollar spent.

pickleball1 Gold

Thanks for your reply.  I followed your suggestion and contacted Chase Customer Service.  They were no help; referred me to Marriott's credit card info/benefits.  Email also stated points get awarded after the stay.  That's fine for Marriott stays, but not when you have already paid for the stay.  Atlantis charges your CC at time of reservation. 

I have given Carat the info and hopefully she can help.

homoviator Platinum

I'm waiting at least a year before I go to Atlantis. I feel like they still have lots of kinks to work out as a Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...