4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2010 12:20 PM by pltnmprincess RSS

New Polls - We Want YOUR Ideas!

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

All,

In response to Marriott, NYCUWS10025 shared several comments and questions worth reading here:

Re: New Polls - We Want YOUR Ideas!

To recap, these questions/topics caught my attention:

"Has Marriott considered the possibility that many customers might be voluntarily downgrading themselves to one of the lower-end brands whenever possible simply because they feel gouged by paying the higher rates?"

"Why did you select the brand you did?"

"Why does Marriott.com's rate search engine not advise users when the "Discounted" rate is HIGHER than the regular rate?

"Why doesn't Marriott upgrade Elite members into suites if they're empty for the duration of the guest's stay as Starwood Hotels do?"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Polls - We Want YOUR Ideas!
    yorkshireexile Platinum

My thoughts:

1, When signing up for megabonus promos should get an up front choice of offers available for Platinum members. That way can select ones that suit stay patterns. also promos should be available to plats eg double nights, double points

2, When redeeming points would be nice to have options to redeem a few more for suite upgrades / spa treatments etc combined with booking (ideally saving a few points in process)

3, Would be nice to have something which rewards loyalty to a particular hotel. eg if you make your megabonus stays at one play you get a 10k add on bonus?

4, Would be nice if the UK visa card is brought in line with the US rewards.

5, Would be nice to have guaranteed upgrades available in proportion to number of stays made eg 1 in 10 nights? Also these upgrades could be selected for points stays. Most paid stays are for work on my own, when I redeem points I take the other half and upgrades are more welcome.

Hope someone is listening

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Very good questions!  I have noticed that except in lower cost Marriott brands, the AAA rate is almost always higher -- for no apparent reason.

ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Has anyone been looking at how KAYAK and other consolidator travel sites do it for price comparisons?  A matrix of prices are displayed and you have the option of choosing one, while seeing all prices.

Perhaps Marriott could implement a similar scheme that would array all prices, from rack to least, left to right, and then give us the option of saying (as KAYAK does) I want to look at alternate dates. 

As many of you know room rates for even a 2 night stay can be a combination of high and low for that period, sometimes significantly, one night being high and the next low, but the current search brings up the high since it is in the time range the search is made.

For example, a Wednesday to Friday stay might show as 249 per night, when in actuality, Wednesday is 249, Thursday is 199!  So, some way to display the total price range per day would be helpful.

pltnmprincess Platinum

I am glad Marriott has decided to look at this more seriously and since the poll is right on this site I am hoping the response will be higher.  Many of the ideas for the poll questions should come right from the hot topics that insiders are discussing.  Hopefully this will mean a closer examination by Marriott of what Insiders are saying, thus leading to more positive changes. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...