9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2016 7:10 PM by jlowery35242 RSS

Marriott CEO Tells Starwood Members "You'll be OK"

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I didn't see this posted here - so thought I'd share it with MRI.

https://skift.com/2016/02/18/marriott-ceo-tells-starwood-loyalty-members-youll-be-ok/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott CEO Tells Starwood Members "You'll be OK"
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Thanks for sharing dansplan. I also posted the interview in this thread: Re: Starwood CEO Talks Marriott Merger, but it probably makes sense for it to be its own post.

Sorenson is saying all the right things, but we shall see once the merger goes through. I think there will be devaluation somewhere, likely for the Starwood members who Sorenson claims will "be OK". I think we will also see an increased threshold for achieving Gold and Platinum and maybe a more noticeable difference between Plat and Plat Premier.

What are your thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I remember somebody saying "all the right things" regarding the Continental/United merger of which he made a mess of and is thankfully now a thing of the past!  I actually do believe this will turn out much better than the airline consolidations with much less mess during the transition.

As for Marriott Rewards we shall have to wait and see, but this time next year we will know for sure and this time in two years we shall see how far we have fallen if any at all.

Platinum 28 Reviews

The individual "saying all the right things" is rarely the individual credited with the statement.

I would suggest that all statements regarding the loyalty programs of both companies are being written and issued by a very controlled press agent!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I think that there will be changes some of which may devalue an aspect of either program.  Other changes may enhance some aspect of either or both programs.

In short, there will be winners and there will be losers and some will complain that their program has been devalued.  Others may feel that their program has been enhanced, but they will be less vocal.

I will await the final result and see how I come out.  

Platinum

Maybe "OK" is as good as it gets?!

homoviator Platinum

I've wondered about getting an SPG Am EX credit card with a 25,000 bonus.  At "OK" I think that will be a 2-1 exchange, so that would make it 50,000 pt to roll over.  However, if it is 2.5 or 3 to 1 that could be up to 75,000 point bonus to roll over when the programs combine.   However, I don't think I'm eligible because I have a Delta AmEx ;-(

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Hi homoviator - I too am considering getting the SPG AMEX card for the very reason you describe. The fact that you hold the AMEX Delta card should have no bearing on whether you can get the SPG AMEX. There are only two AMEX "rules" that would preclude you from getting the SPG AMEX:

1. It is widely thought that you can have a maximum of four (4) credit cards open with AMEX at one time. So if the SPG card was to be your fifth card you might have trouble getting approved. I don't have personal experience with this, but have read it in many places.

2. You can only earn a sign-up bonus once a lifetime, meaning if you have ever held the SPG AMEX card before you would be ineligible to earn the sign-up bonus though welcome to sign-up for the card.

And then of course, beyond the two "rules" I shared you have the regular application process that AMEX uses to determine if someone can be approved for the card.

Hope that information is helpful.

jlowery35242 Platinum 1 Reviews

I was accepted on SPG AX card and I have Delta AZ plus another AX card ! The bonus on SPG Card is 35K until end of March-

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...