12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2016 11:56 AM by mikiegfla RSS

Platinum Benefits Extended to Spouse on Stay

jay-mariott Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If I book an award stay using my points for my wife will she get lounge access? (I will not be accompanying her during the stay). I am hearing inconsistent answers - hard to find what the terms are and whats been anecdotal evidence based on what I've found from my google searches. I would appreciate it if someone can clarify.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits Extended to Spouse on Stay
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I would call the hotel and ask.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

technically the answer is no. Though ive seen exceptions made by hotels here and there. I would not get my hopes up.  

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

About a year ago I booked a reward stay for my Son and Daughter-In-Law and they got CL access without me being with them.  But as phctourist mentioned best to call the hotel and ask, they may just do it anyway and possibly even be more inclined to do so if you tell them she is traveling alone and you want to make sure she is safe and well taken care of.   Might even ask to speak to the Front Desk Manager to accomplish this.

jay-mariott Platinum

Called the hotel - got a snippy lady who started telling about "terms and conditions" and how its not allowed because there are too many golds and the lounge is crowded. This was at the Marriott Park Lane.I am going to try the JW Hyde Park or the Grov House to see if they are more accomodating.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'd book the reservation in both names and not share the fact you will not be there. With both names on the booking, it doesn't matter who checks in first (or if the 2nd party checks in at all).

The idea of a spouse of a Platinum member with booking on points can't get CL access is ludicrous. Sadly, I'm sure it happens often. 

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

The three times that I stayed at the Park Lane the lounge was crowded at breakfast time, but the hotel did allow us to take breakfast in the restaurant, which was fabulous.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Hope my recent post will help answer your question: Extraordinary Hospitality at Buckhead JW Marriott

Also, I've booked Marriott stays for my grandsons (and bride) in U.S., Caribbean and Europe, and Marriott extended similar Platinum benefits (room upgrades, free breakfast and concierge service) to them as well.

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...