8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2016 9:37 PM by curiousone RSS

Timeshare Presentation Question

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'll be joining my parents on a vacation soon.  It will be the three of us in one room in Aruba.  My parents and I are both Marriott Rewards members.  I'm aware Marriott has a Timeshare location in Aruba and both my parents and I will want to take part in the Timeshare presentation just for the benefits....points.  Can this be done if you are staying in the same room but are separate rewards members?  I was curious if anyone has ever done this before?  TIA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Timeshare Presentation Question
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I have never attended a timeshare presentation,  but if you attend you should get the points I would think regardless of your accommodations.  That may not be correct just seems correct, have you looked at the T/C of the presentation etc.?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

Probably you will get points, but if you are going to the presentation just for points, my recommendation is to give it a miss. Why waste your valuable vacation time if you are not really interested. MVC is probably a bit lower high pressure but check out a few posts on here. My own experience with another company (Which starts with a W) is the presentation was longer than posted, and the sales guy called me every day for the rest of my vacation and later when I got home. Check out some posts on here some pro and some con. I would say if you are interested, go for it but if you are just going for points you are wasting your time and the rep.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Excellent idea to miss the presentation.....no way you were ever in management!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I agree with peymanagement. At my last MVC stay, I was asked to attend such a presentation. The offer, 10,000 points and a $25 resort credit. 10k points could be bought for $125 so the value of the entire presentation was $150 and as it turned out, I didn't spend any money on food or activities, so the $25 would have been for naught. Much as it would have been nice to have the additional points, my vacation was too short to spend time listening to something I had no intention of buying into.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Haven't looked at the T/C of the presentation yet.  I was just trying to think ahead to see if it was a possibility....I was thinking it could be a way for me to get more points since I don't travel much.  You all had good points...I guess I should see the offer first. 

annew20 Gold

I believe that in order to get the points, that husband & wife need to attend the presentation.  Please check the T&C 's of the offer.  Since you will be attending with your parents, I don't know if you will get the points even though you are also a rewards member.  Also, if you & your parents are not interested at all, give short answers & don't ask questions.  The more you say & reveal (such as what type of vacations you like to take - beach, site seeing, outdoor activities) the more the sales rep will try to sell you on the timeshare & benefits.  You may need to attend for the 90 minutes, unless they know you are not interested & don't want to waste their time.  Thank him & then I believe your parents can collect the points.  Enjoy your vacay!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Thanks!  I wonder if my parents and I could each book our own presentation? 

curiousone Platinum

If you are a single adult, I would expect that you could book your own sales presentation. If you are married your spouse must be with you. My wife's cousin and her husband vacation with us at MVCI resorts and we each attend separate sales presentations and get the points. My wife and I are happy MVCI owners, her cousin has never purchased.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...