7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 10:45 PM by hassmh RSS

UTILIZING ECONOMICS IN CHOOSING

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

HELLO EVERYONE, I'M A HILTON DIAMOND ELITE ! 

Wow! It was only  a few months ago that my overnights in a Hilton property the last 10 or so years totaled "zero". 

Now, armed with my new status, justly earned by staying at Marriott's  (that is really strange) and attaining a lifetime label I could afford to "wander".

What an experience!  In the last few months I have made approximately 10 business and leisure trips totally about 16 nights.  Prior to choosing a hotel I explored and compared a Hilton property on every occasion.

Now, three months later, my Hilton nights have mushroomed to  a total of "ZERO"!

This total is not a result of any loyalties - I had every intention of experiencing Hilton!  What happened?

Every attempt at staying at a Hilton, comparing "oranges with oranges" (a FS Marriott with a FS Hilton etc) MARRIOTT PROPERTIES WERE MORE AFFORDABLE and in some cases higher quality for the lesser expenditure.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: UTILIZING ECONOMICS IN CHOOSING
    7 Gold 1 Reviews

I also just got the Hilton Diamond status. In my latest trip last week I compared options at each place I planned to go and ended up splitting it pretty much 50/50. It wasn't entirely based on price though as I also factored in location/convenience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've done the math and have not stayed at a Hilton hotel in almost ten years.  The only comparison that they win is Garden Inn over CY!  Hilton loses on most comparable comparisons, and they tend to fall way short on service.  My last Hilton stay was in a hotel, where the staff's response to a request at a Hampton Inn for restaurant recommendations was  "We don't eat out so we can't help you."  I got that from both employees on the front desk.

peymanagement Platinum

Yep for me it has been simple math. I stayed at a Fairfield last nigh, there is a garden inn on the same campus,  but was thirty dollars more. ii know that there is a bit of a class difference between the two but that could not influence me in parting with 30 dollars (22.46 US$). Next week I have my regular trip to Las Vegas to make my deposit and having top tier status in Hilton, Starwood and Marriott decided on the Ren in LAS,

I am looking forward to trying out my new Diamond card sometime.

homoviator Platinum

I'm in the same boat.  no Hilton reservations since I've been upgrade.  In hind sight, I should have probably waited for a match since I doubt I will use Hilton much this year.

I have to say, I feel more comfortable or at home in Marriott. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I also have Hilton Diamond status through AMEX and am grateful to Marriott for my Lifetime Platinum status.  I do compare prices in locations where Marriott and Hilton brands are in the general area and mostly end up staying at Marriott properties.

There are occasions where I will stay at a Hilton simply due to the location such as when we go downtown for a concert or Rocket's game at Toyota Center and where most recently have stayed at the Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel - Downtown Houston.  The hotel is next door to the arena and we always into the Executive Lounge or if it is not open a nice full buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  The rooms are very large, love the beds and I enjoy the fact of being able to pick your exact room when checking in online something Marriott could improve upon.  The rates rates so far have been equal to or slightly better than staying at the Downtown Houston Hotels | Residence Inn Houston Downtown or Downtown Houston Hotels | Houston TX Hotels if you are able to book well ahead of time which we normally can do. 

Platinum 28 Reviews

FOR SALE: 

One Hilton Diamond membership - brand new - still in box - never used!!!

hassmh Gold

Would you take €0.01? I have one of those coins laying around somewhere. Certainly not going to spend good US currency on a Hilton membership though!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...