2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2016 12:48 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Using Rewards Points

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I always stay in suites.....in Pet Friendly Hotels.  Apparently the rewards points only apply to regular rooms.    Is there a way to use our points and reserve a suite?     We have never used any points and we're Platinum Elite.   Thanks for your help.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Rewards Points
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

jeannieniles  I've done exactly what you want to do.  You are right, the points only give a standard room.  Sometimes you can book that online, and upgrade one tier (such as to concierge level) for a given extra cost per night, but it doesn't cover suites.  However, what I have done is contact the hotel before booking and tell them what I want to do.  They have quoted me a price for upgrading to a suite, then I have booked with points online and told the hotel the confirmation number.  The hotel can then get into the booking, amend the room type, and add the additional cost per night.  It has always worked for me here in the UK.

Also, and I don't know if this is suitable or not, there is the new "Points and Cash" starting soon.  Until it starts I don't know how it works with booking anything other than a standard room.

Hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Rewards Points
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Some resorts allow you to upgrade through an increase in points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...