7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 12:31 AM by jeannieniles RSS

Salinas, Monterey, Ca. Area

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are going to be staying at the Residence Inn Salinas for a week in Late February.   We're looking for suggestions for fun things to do in the area.  ALL recommendations will be appreciated.  THANKS!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Salinas, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Salinas Monterey
  • Re: Salinas, Monterey, Ca. Area
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I'll be in that area in June and I look forward to everyone's suggestions!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

We were there for golf but the residence inn was good. It is the older style but rooms were good and a good breakfast. There are a few vineyards in the area and wine tasting is fun. The area is beautiful, Monterey and the pebble beach drive.

We were lucky that there was racing at Laguna Seca  which is a major auto racing centre in the area. Of course there is golf. We had built the trip attend a PGA golf tournament at San Martin just up the coast

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Well there is an In-N-Out Burger - Salinas, CA, 151 Kern St..

I've only stayed in Salinas once and it was because we did not make reservations at the Monterey Marriott early enough when attending the AT&T Pro Am at Pebble Beach Golf Links.  Sorry I cannot be of more help other than the fine eating establishment above.  Hope you like burgers.

vertol46 Platinum

I hope you'll take the 17-mile-drive. You'll remember it for as long as you live.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Did the drive in 1970.  It was spectacular!  Will do it again!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

So right, no better drive in the U.S. other than the drive along Big Sur which by the way isn't too far from 17 Mile Drive!!

jeannieniles Platinum

Thanks to ALL of you for all the helpful comments.   Much appreciated!!!!!    

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...