6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2016 9:37 AM by iahflyr RSS

Messages to Mods?

badkitty Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Every time I try to send a direct message to a mod, I get a big blank orange box pop up, and the message never disappears.  There is also no activity in my inbox.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Messages to Mods?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Meow!!!  Hello kitty, I mean badkitty and welcome to Insiders.  As a new poster on Insiders they want to ensure that your postings are not "scam" as there have been instances where a "spammer" would completely take over the board with post after post after post.   From what I understand there is a delay in getting new folks posts on the board as well as allowing them to send "direct messages".  I get the delay in posting just not why one is not able to send a message directly to the Moderators.

AndrewT, lindseyh, KatieC, carat or deannad might you be able to explain this to badkitty and us all why one is not able to send a "direct message" during their break-in period (for lack of a better term in my head ) as well as help with the original question?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

You failed to mention that if a donation is made to the IAHFLYR Living Memorial Fund, you would arrange to have their comments show up with no delay

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi badkitty,

Welcome to Insiders! IAHFLYR is correct, there have been spammers on this site previously.  We have taken precautionary steps to make sure this doesn't happen again and one of the unfortunate side effects has been new members not being able to send direct messages right away.  However, you are all set to send direct messages.  Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Platinum 28 Reviews

badkitty - don't worry about a thing - my buddy IAHFLYR has promised me if a new member behaves, never criticizes him or me, he can get your name changed to "GoodKitty"

badkitty Silver

Thanks for the welcome!  

It took me forever to get logged back in.  Ugh.   Am terrible at remembering passwords

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Know how to solve the problem, just stay signed it and keep posting all day/night long!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...