2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2016 9:10 AM by iahflyr RSS

Has Anyone Met Wally?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I saw the following piece on a local TV station and wondered if any of you have experienced this service at LAX RI.

Meet Wally. The room service robot of the Residence Inn Marriott at LAX - Story | KTTV

It sounds like a step forward in service and I assume you don't have to tip Wally.

Obviously, it can't replace all hotel delivery services, but I can imagine that it would be a help in many circumstances.  Has anyone heard about any plans to add this service at additional Marriott properties?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
LAX
  • Re: Has Anyone Met Wally?
    Platinum

No, haven't met Wally, but if you are ever travelling to Nagasaki area of Japan,and like this type of thing, check out this hotel staffed mostly by robots:

A Tour of the World's First Robot-Staffed Hotel - YouTube

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has Anyone Met Wally?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Leave it to Los Angeles to put Wally to work.  What a great idea and the tip should be mandatory.  If you don't give Wally a tip for bringing you your request, Wally keeps it and wanders away.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...