12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2016 4:05 PM by foxglove RSS

Do you believe in Gnomes?

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A couple of years ago, one of our more prominent members was called out by another member for posting "random posts." Discussion raged for a couple of days, and even a poll ensued:

Poll: Are Random Postings Offensive? | Marriott Rewards® Insiders

So be forewarned -- this post has nothing to do with travel or Marriott. So if you're going to go all snarky, click out now!

What it does have to do with is the notion that kindness and caring go a long way -- even more so when it's a random act. The following mini-documentary is the perfect balm for cynicism in today's hectic, jumbled world. I've also attached a news article about the movie from the Kansas City Star. Enjoy.

Do You Believe in Gnomes? | To the best of our KNOWLEDGE

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/movies-news-reviews/article45517515.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do you believe in Gnomes?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Gnope.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Would that there were a button for "Mark as Incorrect."

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Gnoted.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Now you are back in spirit!!!!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Ha! Nice.

Welcome back, Tommo781

Platinum

gnot really that gnarly

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Great video. I hope everyone takes the time to watch it. Thanks for posting the link foxglove.

I heard the NPR interview with the filmmaker, who gave them permission to post it on the TTBOOK website. I went home, pulled it up, watched it, and have been sharing it ever since. Glad you liked it.

[And for anyone thinking this may violate intellectual property or copyright laws, the link is to TTBOOK, which has the filmmaker's permission to broadcast it.]

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

What a wonderful story!  It gives me hope, while making me a little teary at the same time.  Thank you, foxglove -- random posts DO have worth!

You're welcome, Sledchick. I'd be lying if I said I make it through without still welling up a little. But I love its message of kindness and compassion, and anyone can do it.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Powerful.....what a message!!

I'm so glad I took a few minutes to watch this, for those who don't you are missing out on a wonderful part of life called kindness and compassion just as foxglove noted. 

Thanks so much for posting this and giving up hope that good lives on even when you're struggling with what you've been handed.

"...good lives on even when you're struggling with what you've been handed."

Well said, IAHFLYR!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...