4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 12:57 PM by cdugue2001 RSS

Nights stayed changes?

cdugue2001 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently booked 6 rooms at the Albuquerque Airport Courtyard Marriott for a 2 night stay.  As I read the terms and conditions I can get points and nights stayed for the room I booked and up to an additional 2 other rooms as long as I stay at the hotel and personally pay for the rooms.  But I only received points and nights for 1 room.

I know there were changes made to the program last November and again in February yet it still states that 2 other rooms besides the room I book and stay in will receiver rewards consideration in the terms and conditions.

What am I not understanding?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nights stayed changes?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My understanding, and experience, is that I've always gotten points for all rooms, but nights credit for only one room, even though I paid for them all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi cdugue2001,

Welcome to the Insiders Community!  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here.  I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started. 

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Carat

I had a similar situation (just a bit different) where I booked one room for 3 nights (my wife and I) and booked one from for friends of ours for 1 night (they were only able to get away for the one night).  I only received points/credit for the one room.  Just curious if I should have received additional credit for the second room or if they needed to be for the same length of stay??

No biggie, just wanted clarity when this happens in the future.

Thanks for any information you can share!

cdugue2001 Platinum

Hello carat,

I actually called the marriott rewards support line and got a better difinition for what is actually going on.

I am a high school track club coach and usually plan between 4 to 6 trips a year where I take 4 to as many as 15 athletes to various track meets througout the country.  So I would usaully book between 2 to as many as 7 rooms per trip with the nights stayed ranging from 2 to 4 nights.  At first when I was in the program every room I paid for no matter which brand of hotel counted as a night stayed and would accrue in my account.  That changed to whenever I stayed at a Marriott hotel I only received nights for just 1 room but for all the other brands under the Marriott name (Courtyard, Resisdence Inn, Townplace Suites and Fairfied Inn) I would accrue all the nights stayed and paid for.  This again changed to kinda what is in place right now the room I stay in and pay for and 2 other rooms counted towards my total as long as it wasn't a main Marriott hotel.

The program that is in place now as I understand it is no matter the number of rooms I book or how long I stay I only get credit for the one room but get points for 2 other rooms that I book.

I am fully aware that the Marriott Rewards program has the right to change the way they award nights and points as they see fit and am not complaining just trying to get an understanding of what I need to do in the future.

But thank you for reaching out and researching my question?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...