13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 6:29 PM by misterchk RSS

Platinum or Silver

ktlove Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just received Platinum Elite status for the first time, but was sent in the mail a packet for Silver.  Does anyone know what should have been included?  Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum or Silver
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Nothing, really.  All I got was a brochure explaining the benefits.  Platinum Premieres get some type of gift in the mail along with the brochure.  As a platinum you should register for Silver status with United if you haven't already done so.  I think I got a separate mailer telling me how to do that, or you can do it online at:

https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

ktlove

The following should have been in the packet:

10 Starbucks coupons - each coupon +$3.00 and you get a cup of coffee

1 recorded message on a mini-thumb drive - the recording says we have upgraded you to lounge access

1 - decal suitable for adhering to your carryon that says "I break into CL's on weekends for a fee"

Contact Marriott and let them know you got short changed.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

You got any extras of the decal???!!!! I would like one of those for my laptop bag!!! 

Platinum 28 Reviews

I would send you but they are back ordered!!

peymanagement Platinum

I wouldn't worry about it, if you show plat on here that is all that counts. The only notification that I got last year was from united telling me I made silver so I assumed I was still plat. The plat package is just a re-statement of members benefits that you can read on the sign-on page on fancier paper. As misterchk says that package and 4 Euro's will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks..

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ktlove! Like the others said, you'll probably only get a brochure with some info on it. Platinum members do receive a gift.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

platinum premiers get a gift

Platinum

I'm a PP and can't remember getting a gift

I was for two years one year got a year subscription  to wall street journal the other year an electronic device. Maybe they no longer do since it has been a few years. I know regular platinum's do not receive a give

I was for two years one year got a year subscription  to wall street journal the other year an electronic device. Maybe they no longer do since it has been a few years. I know regular platinum's do not receive a give

Platinum 28 Reviews

Most PP's (including myself) received a "blue tooth" portable speaker last year.

homoviator Platinum

I would like to see a 4th category added so that rather than trying to guess if we will make PP.  

Then also make extra benefits for that level.  Throw them an extra certificate or two or points.  Because this would likely be saying over 100 nights a year, or more than 1 out of every 4 nights at a marriott.  These people deserve some serious Marriott love. 

Platinum 28 Reviews

Forgive me for not agreeing with your proposal - with lifetime platinum status I don't want to show up at a property and be told my elite level doesn't allow me CL access.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...