3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2010 5:44 PM by iflyjetzzz RSS

Platinum Premier Status

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have posted on this forum before that I was told 75 nights is needed to renew Plat status, which is correct. I have recently found out that indeed 100 nights is what one needs to acquire Platinum Premier status.

My assumption is that if you are at Plat Premier status, it will take 100 nights to renew at that level. So, is the following true?

100 Nights to first acquire Plat Premier status

100 Nights to renew each calendar year for Plat P status

Thought everyone would like to know and maybe it is just me that is the last one on earth to know this fact

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier Status
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Used to be 125 for three consecutive years but I got a communication earlier this year that it would be 100 nights for this year at least.  So, at the moment 100 will renew at PP. If the economy improves it may return to 125 as it was when I first made it three years ago.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrrich Platinum

"I have recently found out that indeed 100 nights is what one needs to acquire Platinum Premier status."

You "found out" incorrect data.  The fact that 100 was picked an an arbitrary number for one promotion doesn't change the fact that PP is based on mulitple factors including nights, revenue, hostory, etc.  You can be 105 nts/yr and not be PP (like me, this year), and you can be 93 nights and be PP.

"My assumption is that if you are at Plat Premier status, it will take 100 nights to renew at that level. So, is the following true?

100 Nights to first acquire Plat Premier status

100 Nights to renew each calendar year for Plat P status"

Bad assumption. No. No.

"Thought everyone would like to know and maybe it is just me that is the last one on earth to know this fact"

Incorrect "fact"

iflyjetzzz Platinum

Initial PP status is given based on a number of factors, including multiyear loyalty (ie multiyear Plat), revenue, nights stayed in the last year, and other unknown factors.  The initial PP status formula is an extremely closely guarded secret.

As for renewal of PP, it's also a very closely guarded secret.  From my research, it appears to be based on nights only.  For 2009, it was based on nights only and the number was 100.  The renewal number has fluctuated from 75 to 125, as far as I can tell.

There are a LOT of rumors out there about the PP formula, including that negative comments from hotels hurts a candidate.  Based on one PP not being renewed in spite of far exceeding the night requirement one year, I believe this to be true.

The most accurate statement that can be made about PP is the initial and renewal requirements change annually.  Other than that, everything is conjecture.  I don't even believe the 'top 3% of Plats' is completely true.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...