8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2010 1:06 AM by zukracer RSS

Platinum Premier

nyctravel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just logged in and noticed my Elite Membership level: Platinum Premier. I was Platinum before. I havent been notified of a change from Marriott via email or mail. Anyone else notice this?

I stayed 215 nights last yr, 200 each of the 2 yrs prior to that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

you made the grade--congratulations and welcome to the club!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

Congrats, it is nice at the top. Enjoy it!!!

pltnmprincess Platinum

nycTravel,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I just checked mine and I too am now plat premier.  WoooHooo!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Congratulations!

nyctravel Platinum

Cool, let me know if you get email.mail... I will keep you posted but all deals / phone number .... etc refer to platinum premier now

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I also just achieved the lovely Premier level :)  I have spent well over 140nights for the past few years running so I'm assuming this is how I met the requirements.

I did get bumped last night from my hotel...thought that would not happen with PP status.  They made up for it in spades however today so perhaps rank does have its value  :)

Congrats for making the status!

Does anyone know if this gets us any better upgrades when we use our points at hotels?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

First year that I made the level I got a note of congratulations from the GM at the full service Marriott where in was staying.  In the meantime since then not a word!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks!  I was afraid of that....and yes its one of my biggest complaints as well.  Cash is king but you've spent a lot of time and money to get to Platinum, even more to get to PP, top tier folks should get upgraded no matter what.  I've had some success in getting good rooms and upgrades on points, but its not the norm.  heck even using "cash" I have not been upgraded in hotels that surely have better rooms....and as noted, I was bumped from my hotel to a neighboring marriott property as a PP just this week.  Seems that status counts at times, other times... not so much :(

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...