1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 19, 2016 1:25 PM by gatilla007 RSS

The Panama Question

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am sure that many of you followed the string over the past two weeks where there was a post of a cancelled points reservation in Panama. I am just wondering how people feel about this. As it turned out there was a pretty sweet deal fairly early on offered by Marriott (which we were not privy to). The community came together like it does in these situations. But many of our comments were made without fact. One of the senior partners on here kept reminding us that the moderators were doing exactly what was expected of them "to escalate to a higher authority".

I have decided for me to not get involved, other than to clarify what I think is helpful facts  in these one sided arguments.

Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Panama Question
    gatilla007 Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

You're spot on with your post! For me, the Panama help question was quite eye-opening. It truly surprised me to see some of the comments borderline attacking the moderators for failing to provide a quick resolution! And when others pointed this out, it set off the self-appointed angry bird on this board! It's understandable that some of the long-timers on this board feel they "own" this forum and that only their opinions matter, they seem opposed to having different opinions, different perspectives -- their negative attitude towards the new blood on this board is simply shocking! ANYONE is free to comment, irregardless if they've been on this board f.o.r.e.v.e.r. or are new contributors! NO ONE owns this site, it is a community for ALL!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...