33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2016 10:46 AM by cmeyer RSS

Spring MegaBonus 2016 - Is this it?

cmeyer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

So I have stayed twice in early February to receive my Free Night Certificate.

After that, I have registered for the new offer that gave me 2,500 bonus points for my stay this week.

Now I'm really wondering: Is that it for the Spring 2016 MegaBonus?

I read a lot on this forum about a "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer.

When I called the MR hotline in January, they told me that this kind of offer would unlock for me after I got the Free Night Certificate - but obviously that didn't happen, and I got the 2,500 bonus points offer instead...

Is there any way I could still get the "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer now?

Cheers,

Christian

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cleveland, Ohio, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
  • Re: Spring MegaBonus 2016 - Is this it?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey cmeyer! I'd be happy to help look into this for you to see if that is in fact your MegaBonus offer. Just send me a private message with your Rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sketho Gold

HI lindseyh

I have just sent you a message.

regards,

andreas

cmeyer Platinum

Hi lindseyh,

I just sent you a message! Thanks for looking into this!

Best Regards

Christian

dmurphy6213 Platinum

I also sent a DM - thanks!

ccschmidt Platinum

I also sent you a DM.

Thanks!

cmeyer Platinum

Hi lindseyh

Do you have any update on this?

I don't mean to rush you, but I have a couple of stays coming up next week, so I was just wondering

Cheers,

Christian

Hey cmeyer! Check you inbox and let me know if you received the private message I sent you. I thought I had sent it but maybe it didn't make it through. I'll resend if not!

cmeyer Platinum

Hi lindseyh,

My fault... Your reply was certainly there in my inbox. Looks like I somehow missed it.

I've already replied back to you - any help with this is really appreciated!

Cheers,

Christian

Hey cmeyer! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. our team is looking into your MegaBonus offer, and I'll follow up with you again once I hear back from them!

cmeyer Platinum

Thanks, lindseyh !

Your help with this is really appreciated!

Cheers, Christian

cmeyer Platinum

Hi lindseyh ,

do you have any news on this topic? It looks like there's still no "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX points" available for me in my Promotion Central.

I still have quite a couple of upcoming stays until May, but I guess I shouldn't wait much longer...

Thanks & Regards

Christian

ccschmidt Platinum

Call Marriott rewards @ 1.800.321.7396.  They will get you sorted and backdated.  That's what they did for me.

gqboy13 Platinum

I have completed the first two.  I also am sending you a message.

wilf Platinum

Hi lindseyh, I also have completed #1 #2 of Spring MegaBonus 2016 promotion, Is there any way I could get the "XXXX bonus points for each paid night, up to a total of XXXX points" offer or the "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer?

Spring MegaBonus 2016 promotion in my account:

MROFFER.png

I have sent you a message with my Rewards number.

Thank you.

ktlove Platinum

I also just finished my 2-stay challenge.  (A little disappointed in the cat. 1-5 redemption, but that is beside the point.)  I have another stay tonight, and have not seen the new challenge pop up--worried that my next stay won't count.  Can someone help?

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

Not sure I understand when the third offer is supposed to appear. Seems many get the third offer after completing the first and still working on the second. Unfortunately I don't have a third offer after completing the first. So when is it supposed to appear????

seatexan Platinum

This is what mine says - under SEE DETAILS

It’s a win-win-win:

• Register by April 15, 2016
          • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016
          • Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to20,000 bonus points
          • Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
          • Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2

I completed Win no. 2 and got the free night.  I am still working on Win no. 1.  Win No. 3 will not show until #1 has been accomplished.

txman Gold

I haven't even received my second offer.....It says I have achieved the maximum.....

dmurphy6213 Platinum

I also completed my 2 night challenge adn got the free night. I called the Platinum number and the rep could not find anything. I requested a transfer to the MR desk and that person also could not find anything about this. Can you help me? I've already stared another stay tonight which is why is was inquiring.

Location Brand Hotel
      Cleveland, Ohio, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
    dvs92 Gold

I have not received any promotion for Spring 2016 - Is there any way to unlock it with a link or something?

jc411 Platinum

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

got the free night but as most had two plans with second requiring 20 night stays. I signed up for both so I wonder if that was a mistake since on the free night it says you will soon get to unlock another offer which after a week hasn't arrived

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I received 2 megabonus promotions at the same time. I registered for both.  One promotion was for the free night cert. after 2 stays.  The other was for 20 nights.  I received the same e-mail about unlocking the next offer after my first 2 stays were completed.  Nothing new came, so I believe the second offer is the 20 night stays.

homoviator Platinum

Frankly, I'd be thrilled with Christian's offer.  I'm not going to make my 15 or 20 stay or whatever.  I'd love a 2500 bonus after what seems like a 3rd night stay.  Every time I say that, I realize my platinum is slipping away this year......Gold here I come.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Marriott Rewards Mega Bonuses have turned into Micro Bonuses for me.  I just don't stay 15-20 nights in a quarter, and for some reason, especially in the Spring.  Last year's Spring "Mega" Bonus yielded 5,000 extra MR points.  The Fall/Winter "Mega" Bonus yielded 9,754 extra MR points, a combined amount to produce a free stay at a category 2 property, who hoo!   This Spring, I will earn a category 1-5 certificate.  Period.  20 nights in a quarter is laughable for me.  For the first time ever, when I called and asked to be changed to an offer that was more attainable (with some extra effort), I was told no.

I'm not complaining, just stating facts, although I do sort of resent the marketing term "Mega," when there's nothing "mega" about it for many people like me.  The truth is, these Mega Bonus offers are for business travelers or county collectors, period.  And that's okay.  Just blabbin'.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Hey pluto77, I resemble that remark. Your comments are spot on.

I've found the only way to reach the thresholds needed to earn points is to group 6 months worth of travel into three months. Even then it's tough to reach 20 nights. If all plans work out, I should just hit the mark, but it will mean limiting my summer travel again this year.

I'd love to see some new ideas from Marriott on promotions. They tried this time and failed. Combining pieces of old MegaBonuses doesn't do much except create a FrankenBonus. Not exactly inspiring. The aim to please both the infrequent travel and the road warrior missed the mark.

I still think a tiered bonus like the one I imagined in One MegaBonus For All - A Suggestion might work. Either that or come up with something entirely new. For the average traveler, the incentive to stay enough nights to earn points has virtually disappeared.

hassmh Gold

Agree, I think I received 2,000 last spring, and now need to call in to register for this spring (never got an offer sent) as my business travel plans changed so I will be able to get the certificate, but I don't travel enough to make the bonuses worth much. I'm pretty sure the infrequent traveller is not their target for these bonuses, and I'm ok with that. If I can pick up a few extras here and there, that's great, and I don't expect anything more as an infrequent traveller.

If Marriott really wants to increase my business, I would need to find significant value in adding stays, but their interests and mine rarely line up.

seatexan Platinum

hassmh  I am not a frequent traveler either.  I will NOT make 20 nights by May, no way jose!  So this is the 1st MegaBonus that I have actually received something...a free night for 2 stays! So yes do call and see why you have not received anything yet.  I got it and I don't travel too much.  I wish they would have mini bonuses for people like us!

bejacob

"I'd love to see some new ideas from Marriott on promotions."  YES! +1

hassmh Gold

Yes, the bonuses for 15 or 20 nights in 3 months is virtually impossible for me, so a mini bonus for 10 nights might be an incentive to add a weekend stay or two to reach if I already have 5-7 nights planned in that time. There's no way I can just add a week somewhere as just going away on business for a week is a major ordeal in our situation (wife's work, kids' school, etc)

dmhuff Silver

2 questions....

I will get my 2nd night on April 1st.  what is the additional offer going to be?

• Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account

If I am staying in a hotel from 5/08 -5/18 it won't count because that offer ends 5/15?

thanks in advance

txman Gold

I didn't get a second offer.....I am at a loss

cris7502 Platinum

HI all:

I am new here.

I have the same question

I read a lot on this forum about a "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer. I have received only the one of the 2.500 points for one night more. I am a  bit disappointed because i usually stay more nights and i can achieve the 20 nights promotions...

Is there any way I could still get the "Stay XX nights and get XXXXX bonus points" offer now? Are this offer ad hoc for each customer?

Thanks....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...