5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2016 1:25 PM by flyingsouth RSS

New Favorite Thing - Bonus Points per Night!

jt15550 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When booking several weeks at the JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America last December, I picked up on a hot tip in the 'Rewards Offers' tab... now, I've seen the 1000 or 2000 bonus points per stay offers before, but the JW at MoA was offering 6,000 extra bonus points *per night* (max 5 nights).  Although my stays and food would already put me around the 25-27.5k range each week, with this offer my two weeks there earned me an extra 60,000 points!  Not to be outdone; when searching for my next business stays in RTP, I found the nearby Fairfield Inn Brier Creek offering 5,000 points per night (no limit), which after staying two weeks through the weekend turned into another cool 60,000 MR points! It's literally been like a Megabonus every week for the last four stays! 

Granted, I much preferred the JW to the Fairfield, but given my personal estimated value of 1.25 cents per point - that's an extra $1500 going in my vacation 'budget' over the last five weeks, and puts me MUCH further towards my goal of Lifetime Gold - which I'll have wrapped by the end of next week (Re: The Short (?) Quest to Lifetime Gold Elite.)

True, I might be a bit more discerning with my selection after hitting Lifetime Platinum, but I can honestly say I'll be going out of my way next trip to pick up on these huge bonuses if they're anywhere close to where I'll be working.  Anyone have any other hot tips on killer per-night bonuses?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Favorite Thing - Bonus Points per Night!
    peymanagement Platinum

Yes, I picked one up at the Ren. Las Vegas, 5000 points per night. That one stay of five nights will exceed my last mega bonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

There are plenty of bonus points available under that "Rewards Offer" tab for sure, just have to take a second to check it.

jerseyshore Platinum

Where does one fin the rewards offer tab you are mentioning? Is it on the main Marriott site?

jt15550 Platinum

It's on the page where you select your specific room type; queen, king, and the like.  Many times I've seen bonus points per stay - but after a few nights, bonus points per night is indeed where it's at.

flyingsouth Platinum

iI've never noticed the bonus point tab, but will keep my eyes open.  After all, none of us would knowingly turn down free extra points!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...