1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2010 5:35 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Miles or points

vickyg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

HI All,

Would love any thoughts on this...

I am a BA exec club member and i know that i can simply set up my Marriott card to get me BA miles or i can simply keep collecting points and then convert to BA miles.

Which way will I end up getting more miles??...I can't seem to work it out - apologies if its simple - i may be having an off day!!

My main focus is as many BA miles as possible!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Miles or points
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

According to BA Exhange points for BA miles:

Obtain between 2,000 and 10,000 BA Miles in exchange for your Marriott Reward points.

Participating Brands include: Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Residence Inn, TownPlace Suites, Marriott Vacation Club International.

• 2,000 BA Miles per 10,000 Marriott Reward Points (Code 788)
    • 5,000 BA Miles per 20,000 Marriott Reward Points (Code 789)
    • 10,000 BA Miles per 30,000 Marriott Reward Points (Code 790)

According to Marriott Rewards Airline Program for BA:

2 airline miles per US$ spent on all qualifying charges:

• Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    • JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    • Renaissance Hotels & Resorts
    • Marriott Vacation Club International

1 airline mile per US$ spent on room rate:

• Courtyard by Marriott
    • Fairfield Inn by Marriott
    • SpringHill Suites by Marriott

The brands below give 5 points/$US:

• TownePlace Suites by Marriott
    • Residence Inn by Marriott
    • Marriott Executive Apartments

Based upon the above, to max the number of BA miles, set up the Marriott Rewards card to earn BA miles and stay as often as you can at the full-service brands that earn 2 airline miles per US$.

Scratch the above.  If you spend $2,610 across the brands that earn 10 points/qualified $US, you will earn 26,100 base points and an additional 3,915 bonus points based upon Silver Elite status for a total of 30,015 points. This converts to 10,000 BA miles. If you set up the MR card to convert to BA miles, the same qualifying revenue of $2,610 converted to miles is only 5,220 BA miles.

-- Edited by TJCNewYork at 01/11/2010 5:18 PM EST Correct an error

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...