1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2010 10:16 PM by pltnmprincess RSS

Group Event - No Responses

jenontheroad Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a platinum member and VERY loyal to the Marriott brand. When I travel for business to a property repeatedly they always remember me and make my stay very comfortable. Unfortunately, in trying to deal with two Marriott properties in the Durham area for a block of rooms for a wedding, it has been quite a headache. I am trying to work with the Full Service Marriott convention center and the Courtyard Durham. At each property I left emails and/or calls over the holidays. I know this is a busy time for all, but even after they were over there was no response, until I acted on my side. I contacted the full service Marriott three times before a response and that was probably only because I ended up emailing the central Marriott feedback address to notify them of the situation. Now I am in the same situation with the Courtyard. I signed a contract and emailed it in three weeks ago, asking for a correction to be made in my contact information. No response, no courtesty email to say it was received, no corrected contract, and no message to confirm that the rooms are blocked and I can give the hotel information now to the wedding guests. This doesn't really reflect Marriott customer service in my experience, but it has been frustrating. It is also in stark contrast to Hilton's full service property in the area that is constantly following up with me to see if I would like to book with them. I keep telling them I am still deciding. Marriott might help me decide purely on the customer service of their group reservations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Group Event - No Responses
    pltnmprincess Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Last May we booked an event at the Mystic Marriott and had the same issue.  It was so hard to get in contact with the right person.  It seems that the hours they work fluctuate and they are always out of the office.  It eventually worked out well but it was a struggle to feel confident that everything would be in order.  They did have everything under control but they werent great at letting us know that.  Good Luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...