28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2016 1:52 AM by vishaldewan RSS

Marriott Megabonus is it working as it is supposed to be

vishaldewan Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi i am a platinum elite and i have even registered for the Megabonus but till now after staying at marriott for 5 days i haven't received the free night certificate and so i am not able to move to next level.. As the terms for megabonus was as follows

• Register by April 15, 2016 This I have done
    • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016 This I have done
    • Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays Have not received this
    • Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account : not moved to this as win # 1 is not displayed in my account
    • Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide: don't know when this is going to be

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Megabonus is it working as it is supposed to be
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

You may not have two stays if your five nights is on the same reservation

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I believe jerryl is probably right.  It's not two nights, but two stays.

cris7502 Platinum

Hi all,

I also have earned the free night and I received my new promotion, which is 2.500 points for one stay. I reached it too.

Have you recived the same offer?, i read from another users that are different promotions...as points for 20 stays...

Thanks all

tvhcols Platinum

Question, Do you get 2 stay credits if you stay at a hotel and pay for 2 rooms? 

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village last week.  I stayed in one room with family and payed for a 2nd room for more family members.  I received my Marriott Reward points but only credit for 1 stay.  In past years I received a stay credit for each paid room. 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tvhcols,

You are correct in that members are eligible to receive points for qualifying stays at participating Marriott's for your room and up to two additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in your name, you must stay in at least one, and and you must pay for all the rooms. To ensure points are posted, your Rewards number must be present on the folio.

If you have followed all of that, and you have not received points for the second room, please send me a private message with your Rewards number, Reservation number, and copy of the hotel receipt/folio so I can have our team look into adding these points to your account. Sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Finally i got the free night after a lot of hassle it was that Marriott people made a developing mistake in their  terms & conditions mentioning. But the night credit that i got was not due to the support of marriott community or people anyways now i want information that

• Register by April 15, 2016 This I have done
    • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016 This I have done
    • Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays This i received
    • Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account : when will this be displayed ?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi vishaldewan,  hoping to bring you some clarity.  When you've completed one win, it can take upto 48 hours for the next win to show up.  If it has been longer than the 2 days, please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I'll take a deeper look.

lakelands Platinum

I have stayed got my free night and bonus how do unlock number3 going to Marriott in Thailand for30 nights

Hi Lakelands,

That's great , congrats for your two wins and as you see the win 3 it states that "Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide" so that is just your stay and points in calculation to the stay for the time spent during that stay. Theirs nothing else i think.. rest the mods can speak

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hi carat, I have also received my free night for two stays but I never received any other offer to unlock. I will send you a direct message. It has been more than 48 hours. Thanks.

homoviator Platinum

hi @carat, I'm sending you a DM too since I've also gotten my free night (thank you, Marriott) but not the unlocking of the other award yet!

ok will wait for 48 hours then

yyc Platinum

It’s a win-win-win:

• Register by April 15, 2016 I too have done this.
    • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016 This has been done at 2 different locations, 2 different times/stays.
    • Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays This currently shows up as an 'unused certificate' so I have received this.
    • Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account It has been more than 48 hours since I have received the free night certificate, but I cannot locate where to unlock and register for the new bonus offer. Will we receive extra time to complete due to the confusion this is causing?

As always Mods, thanks for all your help and assistance.

yyc

etwhite Platinum

3rd.JPG

congrats etwhite for the win but now the question arise for carat that the win is different for all ??

as for win 2 i was offered that stay a night and get 2500 points .. also there is no win 3  .. its been more than 48 hours ...

etwhite Platinum

I was just showing you what they sent me.  I'm not sure if it's the same for all.  I'll have to say that I was disappointed with the Win #3 offer.  If they gave 3000 points for nights 21-25, you would think that the 5 nights in Win #3 would be worth more points. (4000 or 5000).   Giving 1000 for each night isn't worth messing up the balancing act of trying to maintain elite status with more than one brand.  Time to Double Down with Hilton!!!

One of the Community Managers should be able to help you with your inquiry...  Good Luck!!

deannad kindly elighten with the discussion

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi vishaldewan,

Thanks for tagging me in. Members received different Megabonus offers, so win #2 for you could differ from others, as etwhite has shared. Also, not all members were solicited for a third "win", so you may only receive 2. We can have our team check if your account has a third offer in store - send me or the other Community Managers a private message with your Rewards number and we'd be happy to ask for you.

deannad sent you a private message

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...