4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2010 12:25 AM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Concierge Lounges in Germany

familytime Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the Heidelburg Marriott and while the hotel was nice enough, not outstanding, but ok, the lounge was open only for coffee and limited soft drinks.  After inquiring, we were offered buffett breakfast in the hotel restaurant, but are unsure of why the lounges seem to be closed so much lately.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge Lounges in Germany
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

So sorry to hear that... when I stayed at the Heidelburg property, the lounge was open day and night... I can attest to breakfast and evenings.  I was out siteseeing during the course of the day so don't know if it was open in the afternoons.

Free cocktails, a very good buffet, an excellent view from the balcony (expecially at sunset) and an excellent staff.  One of the better CL's that I've experienced. 

Even the parking attendant was great... we joked around every day how he was taking my rental car home at night or on dates with his girlfriend... I had reserved a VW Passat class car but was upgraded to a beautiful brand new Mercedes!  Even though it was Germany where Mercedes are commonplace, people seemed to really like my rental car.

And the other guests were very friendly... I never would have known about Trifels (Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned there in 1193) and the cute town of Deidersheimer where I had THE best apple struedel that I've ever eaten, if not for chatting with them in the CL.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

I've just had a similar experience in the Stuttgart Marriott where they are in desperate need of a update and / or a remodel.  The Hotel itself was just OK.  The room, again, just OK.  It's unfortunate.  As for the concierge lounge, I will say that breakfast was exquisite! However the German staff must be operating on Swiss clocks as at precisely 10AM the food is wisked away on carts leaving only water and soft drinks in it's wake for the remainder of the day.

Gute Nacht,

Troy

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Troy,

Yes, I had the same experience at Stuttgart.  The location was great for me as I also like to visit the Ren. in Karlsrue, or go East to the Munich hotels.  

I really miss the Ren. at Garmisch, as it was one of my favorite Marriott properties.  I hope it comes back to Marriott someday, as the food was great and the Zugspitzer is so beautiful.

Hope there are more Marriotts on the way in Germany!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Sorry to say that I did not like the Stuttgart Marriott at all... checked out after one night. 

CL was closed at night and full of children and mothers during the morning.  I couldn't even get on the PC in the CL to find a new hotel because the kids and their mothers were on for hours!  Finally, the front desk allowed me 30 free minutes at the 'pay for internet access PCs' down in the lobby.

Rooms were tired and nothing to write home about and the view from my room derelict and depressing.  Felt like I was in a car repair nightmare.  I didn't even go out that night for dinner because the area didn't look comfortable.

About the best thing I found there were a couple of friendly guests at the little lobby bar and the bartender!  And, the front desk staff who were very understanding!

After checking out of the hotel, drove into Stuttgart.... didn't see anything remotely attractive about the town after driving around for a while.  Punched in 'Baden Baden' into my GPS and off I went to a wonderful town! Best decision I made!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...