2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 7:46 PM by ijfri RSS

Renaissance Stanford Court

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am writing to second KimDallas's recent post re the Renaissance Stanford Court in San Francisco being a wonderful property.  I couldn't agree more.  I used to live in SF, and stayed at the Stanford Ct even when I interviewed there before moving.  I was recently back, and decided to treat myself and stay at the "new" JW downtown, even though I could have stayed at the Stanford Ct for less money.  This was a mistake.  Everything at the JW was "OK," but not any better than OK: nothing like what one would normally expect from a JW property to my way of thinking.  I have learned my lesson: I'll go back to the Stanford Ct when I return again.  I love the glass domes that give the place its own character, different from anywhere else.  The dressing areas in the rooms are great extra space.  The free coffee delivered to your door in the morning, and the nice lobby bar are also some of the things that make this hotel stand out.  I have recommended it to friends (who were delighted), and I need to remember to take my own recommendation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Stanford Court
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks for sharing your experience and the candid Insiders review.  I never cease to be amazed how critical choice of lodging can be when away from home.  You hit the nail on the head in pointing out the details that make an 'OK' experience compared to a stay that is truly memorable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Stanford Court
      ijfri Platinum

Unfortunately, effective June 29th, 2013 the hotel will no longer be associated with Marriott. Really unfortunate as its a classic San Francisco property.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...