6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2016 6:40 PM by lindseyh RSS

Marco Island Marriott, Girls Getaway

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
Currently Being Moderated

This is usually the time of year when I start planning a beach getaway.  I won’t be heading anywhere warm this year, but I am reminiscing about a trip I had taken a few years back with two of my closest friends.

marco 1.jpg

When we first got out of college, we would take small trips around the country to explore new cities. We were looking for a beach getaway and when searching the Marriott site, the Marco Island property came up so we jumped on it!  Traveling down to Florida is really easy from the Northeast. We took an early flight, checked in to the hotel and were on the beach right after lunch. Luckily, my father had pulled a few LPE strings and got us an upgraded room with an incredible view.

marco 2.jpg

We spent our days hanging on the beach and/or lounging by the pool.  One added, and amazing bonus was the golf cart beach drink service. Strawberry daiquiris, anyone?  No need to leave the lounge chair!  For night time activities, we ventured out to Naples for dinner and a little exploring, but we didn’t leave too often as we were there for the sun and sand.

The property itself was gorgeous.  Every staff member was more than helpful.  My friends and I often talk about how we need to plan a trip back.  To date, this was one of my favorite vacations and for sure one of my preferred Marriott properties.

marco 3.jpg

This trip was a few years back and have heard there have been some great upgrades. Have any of you Insiders been lately?

Marriott Resorts in Florida

Marco Island Marriott - Better Than Ever

Not an Insider yet?

Sign in with your Marriott Rewards account to post

or join Marriott Rewards

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
  • Re: Marco Island Marriott, Ladies Getaway
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The Marco Island Resort or soon to be if not already a JW is a gem alright......great beach for sure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

melissaerb Community Manager Marriott Associate Platinum

So fun! My girlfriends and I do ladies trips a lot.

Yellowstone in 2008 was a blast:

yellowston.jpg

Then we did a month in Europe in 2009  (which was too long to backpack together):

croatia.jpg

And Ireland in 2013:

Ireland.jpg

We're now in the process of planning for our 30th birthday trip this year!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I've always wanted to go there, and these pictures are making me want to go even more Thank goodness your dad was able to hook you up with the upgraded room so you could get that view

I don't really go on many girls getaways unless it's for a Bachelorette party, which I went on two last year (One in Portsmouth and the other in Miami) and will have one either later this year or early 2017 (she's looking at Vegas), so maybe something will pop up in between now and then when I can get some girl time in! 

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

http://www.jwmarco.com/

I love the Marco Marriott and the Crystal Shores MVCI just down the block.  The Marco Marriott becomes a JW on January 1, 2017. Here is the website for pics/details.  Crystal Shores is also doing a massive expansion and adding 2 new towers. 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

It's usually around this time of year that I start dreaming of sunny beaches and an ocean to swim in. Marco Island is looking pretty amazing!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...