1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 17, 2016 8:00 AM by superchief1 RSS

Resort inclusive of lounge/breakfast for Plats

rickamsterdam Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone inform me how Marriott defines Resorts? As a Plat member I get access to lounge and incl breakfast, but excluding the resorts. If i look at the autograph  collection hotels on Miami South Beach, the word resort is not in the name, same with Marriott Stanton Miami Beach. Does the word "beach" also means resort in the eyes of Marriott. Like this I have more examples on Hawaii. Also not the word resort in the official hotel name.

would be great if someone knows how this works. thx a lot

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Resort inclusive of lounge/breakfast for Plats
    superchief1 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I have found that some 'resorts' offer platinum benefits, including vouchers for breakfast (primarily continental, which is better than nothing). I received breakfast vouchers during my last visit to the Marriott Clearwater Beach Resort and Marriott Key West Resort. I think I've read that the Vinnoy Resort also provides a breakfast voucher. I would also expect some 'non-resorts' do not have lounges or provide breakfast. Therefore, I suggest checking with the individual property regarding policies. Most resorts provide very little in terms of platinum benefits.

I think it is absurd that resorts are also most likely to charge additional 'resort' fees which should be included in their higher room rates.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...