1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 3:52 PM by iahflyr RSS

DFW Marriott South Review

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just putting in a good word for the DFW Marriott South.  We stayed one night due to an overnight layover at DFW.  Airport shuttle was great.  We ate dinner in the on-site restaurant, and the food and service was excellent.  The chef even came out to warn us that the mac n cheese had jalapenos in it (we had the kids along and he wanted to make sure they got child-friendly side dishes).  The pretzels with beer-cheese dipping sauce were fantastic.  The brown gulf shrimp were excellent as well.  Everyone at the hotel was friendly and welcoming, and the amenities and rooms were up to the Marriott standard.  We were there on the weekend so the CL was closed, but they comped breakfast for us or offered 750 points instead, and they also gave us a coupon for 2 free drinks and 2 free appetizers at the restaurant/bar since the CL was closed (or you could get points instead).  We only paid $89, so it was a great value.  I took the $10 voucher since we were eating there, so along with the free drinks and appetizers, we got about $45 worth of free food.  I would highly recommend and will stay again if I need a place near DFW.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Worth, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts DFW Airport Marriott South
  • Re: DFW Marriott South Review
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this hotel many times and loved it each time.  Too bad the CL was closed as it is very good sized with or at least back a few years WONDERFUL Attendants.  And the bar downstairs isn't too bad either.

Of the two DFW Marriott properties, I'd give the South a slight edge only because it is closer to the Car Rental Center and you don't have to drive the length of the airport to return a vehicle.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...