29 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2016 12:00 PM by tryt53 RSS

20,000 for year-long priority pass membership

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I don't fly enough to use this and I'm guessing those who do travel more likely have other airport lounges already, but I saw this offer and it seemed pretty sweet.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/moretrvlserv.mi

I wonderer if there's something I'm missing?

my understanding is that for 20,000 pts you get a year-long priority pass good for any priority pass airport lounge.

If I travelled more alone, I'd be all over this, I think. gnu

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chongqing, China
Shanghai, China
Tianjin, China
China
Beijing, China
Xiamen, China
Jinjiang, China
China
  • Re: 20,000 for year-long priority pass membership
    peymanagement Platinum

Don't you still have to pay 27 dollars to get in? What do they charge if you just show up?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

So yeah, if you went to about 4 of them, you'd pay it off I figure. I don't fly a a lot, I tend to fly just several big long flights a year.  So I've found that about 1/2 the time when I think I'm going to go hang out at the lounge, my flight arrives late so I have no time. 

omegaet Platinum 8 Reviews

If you have the AMEX Platinum, there is no cost to enter Priority Pass lounges - there is a $27 fee for a guest.  I frquently use Priority Pass lounges outside the US in smaller airports. Back in the US my first choice would be Centurion Lounges - unfortunately they are few and far between.

While departing MIA a few days back, Chef Michelle Bernstein (who created the cuisine for the lounge) was conducting a cookbook signing.  She was kind enough to sign one for my wife.

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

peymanagement Platinum

Yes, me too, the centurion lounge there at MIA, Vegas and DFW are great. I get one guest with my priority pass that comes with the AMEX Plat. Also entry into the plaza premium lounges. which are pretty nice too.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just a recent experience with the DFW Centurion Lounge....how do you say...INCREDIBLE. Breakfast was stupid wonderful and the Bartender could not make a better drink if I'd made my own.

hassmh Gold

Gotta love a good drink with breakfast!

peymanagement Platinum

Yes my favorite is DFW Centurion. Top customer service from the moment you walk in.

Will  be giving the MIA Lounge a couple of looks in coming months, but it would have to be excellent to come close to the DFW experience.

They did tell me the new Lounge at IAH Terminal D is currently scheduled to open mid June.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

@omegaet look at my post about replacing my AMEX card with Citi Prestige, farther down in this post

omegaet Platinum 8 Reviews

My response is focused on my needs and uses. 

The Priority Pass membership works well, as I travel to some off the beaten path locations (just in Iquitos and the only lounge available was the Caral VIP Lounge....better A/C then sitting in the mail terminal).

Passing through Incheon recently, I had a variety of Priority Pass lounges available (btw - I prefer Korean Airlines Business Lounge, although some people complain the seating is uncomfortable).

Lastly, about the only time I am willing to arrive really early for a foreign air flight, is when departing or passing through Istanbul aboard Turkish Airlines. Their two story First/Business lounge offers som may amenities to my liking.

_TOP4793.jpg

The AMEX Platinum card works for me.  Certainly there are probably better options for others.  I burn through the AMEX $200 credit within the first flight or two each year.

My gateway airport is MIA, so the Centurion is perfect for my needs http://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/MIA  

Citi Prestige Priority Pass is good for member and 2 guests free, gives $250 airline credit each year and is not limited to one airline (vs AMEX $200 limited to one airline) can can even be used to reimburse cost of purchasing tickets, along with the 4th free hotel night and 3 rounds of free golf every year. I have both AMEX Platinum and Citi Prestige, and am finding the Citi Prestige to be a lot better than my AMEX card, and will probably drop AMEX before the next annual fee is due. 

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

Amex Platinum offers this as a benefit.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes Amex Platinum has this as a benefit, but the airlines that they now support have dwindled down to basically Delta... I have not found much use for it since they eliminated American....

The Amex Clubs are only in a few airports but have not had the opportunity to visit one yet....

We went to the AMEX Centurion Club in SEA last week to try it out since IAH will have a club open this year, so thought well maybe we won't renew the UA Club......wrong, we were very unimpressed. 

The club was pretty small with few snack offerings and a Quiche that was almost like eating what I'd imagine a rubber ball.  There is no bar, yet you can track down a staff member and they will make you a drink.  Maybe this was the way the SEA club is while others are more impressive.  If not, the UA Club will get my money again while I keep looking into the Priority Pass.

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

I purchase a United Club membership every year with United Airlines since priority pass doesnt work on this type Priority Pass.

boomer Platinum

Most of my flying is on Southwest and I get free access to all of Southwest's lounges wherever I go.  The food choices are usually very broad.  Look for them next time you travel Southwest and just follow the signs that say "Food Court."

ramoneur Platinum

are there any lounges in China I could visit with this pass?

Location Brand Hotel
    Chongqing, China
    Shanghai, China
    Tianjin, China
    China
    Beijing, China
    Xiamen, China
    Jinjiang, China
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

homoviator, I recently looked at this.  The 20,000 RP points membership has a $27 per person fee for you and any guest every time you go into a Priority Club lounge.  The second option gives you 10 free passes for yourself, but guests are still $27 each, and after you've used your 10 passes, you have to pay $27 per entry for yourself.  The highest option (85,000 MR points) gets you unlimited access, but guests are still $27 per entry per person.  The regular fees if you buy directly through Priority Club are $100, $250 or $500 respectfully.  I've never tried these clubs but do like the fact that there are about 900 of them all over the world.  I don't think you can get it at all without some type of basic membership.  The other airline clubs usually are $50 a person for entry.  ramoneur, there are several Priority Clubs in China.  I currently have the AAdvantage Exec card which gives me Admirals Club access for $450/year, and that card has some other pretty good benefits like built-in trip insurance, but I'm not sure how long I'll keep it - only signed up for the AA miles bonus.

Our Lounges | Priority Pass

ramoneur Platinum

hi, thnx for the tip;

i checked their website info, AMEX Platinum would indeed be a good card for me;

"problem" is, however, that I already have their Flying Blue version;

strange thing: Flying Blue is a CC targeted at airline users, but there is no lounge access (only "free" qualifying flights)

if AMEX would have a combined version (qualifying flights + lounge access) i'd switch to that one in a minute

Location Brand Hotel
      China

Even better than the AMEX card, is the Prestige Card by Citi(for those in the US that can get this). The Priority Pass that is included with Citi's card gives you 2 free guest passes for each visit and AMEX only covers the member for free. In addition, Prestige has a benefit of every 4th night at any hotel is reimbursed as a credit (if you book through them), and it is not considered a 3rd party reservation (meaning you still get your points and status). I just used it for my stay at the JW Marriott Marquis and got the Platinum Status upgrade in a awesome upgrade. Waiting to get my Citi Prestige card credit back, as that takes 6-8 weeks to get. It has replaced my AMEX Platinum card as the card of choice for hotel and travel.  Priority Pass worked great in Malaysia and Dubai

7 Gold 1 Reviews

This sounds amazing and I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. So the Priority Pass is for yourself AND 2 guests? That would be perfect as I'm usually travelling with my wife and daughter. And, that 4th night reimbursement sounds pretty awesome too as I'm usually staying at least that long!

Yes, good for you and 2 guest, and the Priority Pass from AMEX Platinum is only good for the member, and you need to pay for the others.

peymanagement Platinum

This is possibly where us poor Canadians do better as with my AMEX plat I can bring in one guest, but in many I can bring in my grand child under 12 as well with the priority pass provided by AMEX.

7 Gold 1 Reviews

Have you used the concierge to book stays and, if so, how did the rates compare to booking directly? I was on the verge of applying for it and told my boss about. He has called up the concierge number to see about letting them make reservations for travel he had already planned. He will be doing 4 nights in Rome, so that would get him the 4th night credit. But, whereas he booked directly for $1,000 (so $250/night). The concierge service quoted $1,400. If that is typical then it's not that great a deal after all. I wonder if they can get special rates like gov rates too...

I have used it, and if he saw a different rate, he should tell them what rate. When I tried to book directly via Marriott, I was able to get senior, but not military.  But when I called Prestige Concierge, they were actually able to get me a cheaper military rate. Make sure Prestige knows any extra discounts you might be eligible, or lower prices you may have been able to get.

ramoneur Platinum

is this the Priority Pass?

https://www.prioritypass.com/

(it's not very clear on the Marriott-site)

they indeed have a lot of lounge(-acces)s in China:

https://www.prioritypass.com/loungesearch?entity=79bcf539-ce34-475f-bb2c-ca5424a24e51

i may even buy this pass;

as a Gold-member to Skyteam, I already have lounge access in China, but only when connecting flight is to intercontinental destination;

on a yearly basis I fly around 10 intercontinental flights and around 40 domnestinc in China;

Skyteam's "lounge-only-when-intercontinental" is really cr@p;

China is huge; most inland/domnestic flights I make are around two hours or more;

when I fly from Holland to Belgium (90 minutes) I have lounge access;

when I fly from Shanghai to Chongqing (around 3 hours) I do not have lounge access

I already pointed this out to KLM/Skyteam; they don't care;

they are basically forcing me to fly 30 of my 40 domnestic flights with Air China, to build up status with Star Alliance, so I have access to lounges in China

if this Priority Pass solves my "domnestic-China-lounge"-problem,

i think i will just buy it

(however, i am still extremely disappointed with Skyteam's arrangement of lounges in China and will continue to switch 30 flights from Skyteam to Star Alliance)

ramoneur Since you can't get the AMEX Plat card, my first choice would still be the Prestige Card anyway. See my comments a little lower in this thread about the advantages it has over the AMEX Platinum card, especially for Priority Pass. We have used it a lot already.

peymanagement Platinum

I would say joining would serve you well, I get mine through the platinum AMEX card now, the real benefit to AMEX is you also get access to lounges just with the amex card. Before I joined AMEX, I used priority pass and got the one that allowed me 10 free visits, I initially got it for a special deal for about 100 bucks, it was 189 when I left for that plan. The Canadian Dollar was stronger than the greenback at that time, so it is more now I imagine.

I have no experience with China, but the lounges that I accessed in Korea using that pass were quite good. It worked out to about 20 bucks per visit then, which can easily get taken up with a beer and a snack in an airport restaurant. The lounges are comfortable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...