3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2016 12:44 AM by homoviator RSS

Courtyard or Residence Inn in Roanoke, VA

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I tend to stay at the Courtyard when I'm in Roanoke.  I have to say, I've been nothing but pleased with their service.  A-game all around.  Great check in, nice rooms, good shuttle.  Basically everything I need and want from the hotel when I'm there. I'd recommend it.  The service they offer is the reason why I make Marriott my chain of choice.

Behind them is a Residence Inn. I've been a bit RI curious.  Am I missing anything (besides 1/2 points) by not staying there instead

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Roanoke, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Roanoke Airport
  • Re: Courtyard or Residence Inn in Roanoke, VA
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

You're missing breakfast and more space.  You're also missing the Mix which can be good some nights!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

I usually leave before breakfast and don't arrive until after the mix. However, I'll keep that in mind, especially on weekdays and the Mix is more appealing.

CY will give me a free starbucks coffee in the am. If it's before six, it depends who's at the desk because the barrista hasn't arrived.  Empowered front desk workers will go behind the counter at the cafe bar and push the button themselves.  I have to say, when they won't do it-because they don't know how the machine works--I feel tempted to do it myself because ROA airport is THE WORST for coffee.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The Residence Inn in Roanoke is a little bit newer property and as phctourist noted you get free breakfasts there.  I did notice that the last room I had at the Roanoke Residence Inn had quite a few markings on the wall and some damage to the carpet.  Not sure if they had one really bad guest in that room or if all of the rooms were in that condition.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...