9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2016 10:49 AM by bejacob RSS

AC Hotel Cincinnati North/West Chester now open

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently completed my first stay at an AC Hotel, only the 6th one to open in the United States. With 50 more planned in the coming years, many of us will soon get the opportunity to experience this brand without having to visit Europe. Allow me to share some thoughts along with a few pictures.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cvgci-ac-hotel-cincinnati-north-west-chester/

This particular property in a little north of Cincinnati on the edge of new shopping center. The hotel opened February 2, 2016, so my stay is probably one of the first by a MR Insider.

AC exterior.jpg

Upon entering the building from one of two main entrances, the front desk is easy to spot in the spartan lobby.

AC checkin.jpgAC lobby.jpg

Everything has a very clean and open feeling right down to the open stairway leading to the second floor. 

AC stairs.jpg

At the top of the stairs is an open lounge which flows right into the bar and onto the breakfast area.

AC lounge.jpg  AC bar.jpg

AC breakfast.jpg

Just around the corner is the business center and the pool. The modern styling throughout the hotel is on full display in the guest rooms. Clean lines everywhere, no carpet, no closet doors, wall mounted television. Even the lamp shades are rectangular. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

AC room1.jpg AC room2.jpg

AC room3.jpg AC room4.jpg

AC room5.jpg

AC room6.jpg AC room7.jpg

Note the glass door mini-fridge beneath the desk. Power panels at the desk and above the bedside table include not only outlets, but USB plug-ins. I especially liked the mirror on the inside of the room door for checking appearances on the way out. You'll see a reflection of the ironing board which is hanging in the open closet (can I call it a closet if it doesn't have any doors? ).

Let's not forget the bathroom. No tub, but that is becoming more common lately. Again modern styling and clean lines right down to the rectangular toilet. That's a first.

AC bathroom1.jpg AC bathroom3.jpg

AC bathroom2.jpg

I'm definitely glad I tried the AC brand. I'll probably stay again here and there. I'm still partial to the brands that have CL as opposed to the open lounge, though I will admit, it was very nicely appointed. I've got another stay booked at this same location in late March on my way home from a trip in Tennessee and Mississippi. By then the hotel will have been open a couple months (instead of less than two weeks) and the weather will be more conducive to checking out what is in the neighborhood. I'll be curious to see how things are working out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: AC Hotel Cincinnati North/West Chester now open
    AZDesertRat Platinum

bejacob Thanks!  Great report and photos.  Looking forward to adding AC to my list....tried to stay at one in Madrid, but family members had booked elsewhere.  Glad to learn of US expansion plans.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

I really like the clean, simple lines & no carpeting, but I wondered if you found it too stark, monochrome, etc?  In other words, was the atmosphere (particularly in the room) inviting?  Thanks for your thoughts bejacob!

Perhaps a little stark. At least the bed was comfortable. I'm still not sure how I feel about AC. I'll be at this same hotel at the end of March, so maybe I can get a better feel then. I will check out a few more amenities and report back.

homoviator Platinum

looks a lot like the ACs in Spain, but a little more stark. maybe that's just because there's no people. The rooms look a bit more sparse thought than what I think of but generally on point.

I think people really like ACs or not. Personally, I really like them when I'm working.  However, less so with the family since they don't have pools.  But that hasn't always stopped us.

This location has a nice pool on the same floor with the lounge. I will probably try it on my next stay. I'll try for a suite upgrade next time so I can see what that's like.

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks for the helpful post. I was interested to see what these hotels look like because they are supposedly targeting the millennials. It looks rather stark and cheap to me since I prefer more comfortable furnishings, but I'm sure some people will like them. Are there any Platinum benefits? If I recall correctly, breakfast isn't included.

I forgot to ask about breakfast, but I do know it is available only on Monday thru Friday (I was there on a Saturday). I was mainly curious about what the place looked like involved taking photos, that I forgot to find out what the perks might be. The arrival gift was only 250 points. for some reason I thought it was supposed to be 400, so I may follow up with the manager (since he sent me a nice email asking for feedback). It's possible I just had the wrong info.

When I visit in March, I'll be there on a Sunday night, so I'll be able to see if breakfast is a benefit or simply available for a price - $8.95 for a buffet (not sure how extensive).

My visit was just a quick look. I promise to dig a little deeper next month. At the moment, my mind is not made up about AC. I'm not the target audience and while I liked many aspects, I'm not 100% sold on the brand yet. I like it. It just isn't likely to replace my top few favorite brands.

seatexan Platinum

Oh thanks for linking this from the other thread (about no desks).  It is quite stark and I see where they tried to make things warm with this color pallet.  Those just graduating will feel right at home.  It's VERY new dorm like. 

I do like the lounge! I think they should have brought some of that pop into the rooms. Even giving the couch a textural textile would have helped!!! Like the grey chairs in the 3rd lounge photo...or is that the breakfast area?  The dark "heatheredish" grey chairs.

I think the center area in the bedroom under the TV should have been a small dresser. 

Artwork would have helped a good deal. 

Dorm-like. Yes, that's an apt description. I'll do a little more investigating when I stay there again in a couple weeks. My first impression is that AC is not a brand I'll visit often.