1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 9, 2010 11:53 AM by moonflower RSS

Not enough stays to keep status: how close do I need to be?

auditraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've heard of some people not quite making the nights to keep their plat status, but were renewed anyway. Then I heard something unbelievable today: a guy who only had 39 nights last year, but was renewed as plat anyway!

Funny thing is I had the same number of nights last year. Can I expect to get renewed as plat? If not, should I call and ask for it since someone else apparently did? I don't see any reason why the guy would lie.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Not enough stays to keep status: how close do I need to be?
    moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Yes, the guy was telling the truth. Since they have your profile, I think it is a bit of very sensible marketing. Why hack off a customer who is highly committed but may not quite fit the criteria this year. it has happened to me. Result? I keep on using Marriott because they clearly said ' they value me'.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...