This discussion is locked
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 2:11 PM by carat RSS

Elite Status Challenge Disappointment and Lack of Customer Service

elitestatusdisappointment Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi all,

I recently joined the Marriott Rewards and have been a Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, and SPG Platinum member.  I travel every week and over 80% of my time.  I thought it would be a good idea to join the Marriott community and found out about status matches from my colleagues.  When I called the services line, I was offered a silver challenge and told that I could call back to get the Gold or Platinum after I complete my silver challenge.

After the first week, I was able to complete my silver challenge and called the service line to sign up for the Gold or Platinum, and I was informed that i was not able to even through it was their fault for telling me I could do so anyways.  I have 26 standing reservations with them right now.  I am disappointment at their customer services and lack to backup their word.

I will be going back to my other hotel chains where I will be valued as a customer and not misled.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...