This discussion is locked
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2016 9:38 AM by dgusman RSS

2016 Platinum Challenge

TLC51 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

As a long time Hilton Diamond member and Starwood Platinum, it seems time to move over to Marriott with the impending acquisition of Starwood.  A couple of weeks ago, I was told by a fellow at the elite line that there would be a new gold and platinum challenge on February 10th.  I have searched for this to no avail.  Does anybody know anything about this?  I'm holding off on making a lot of upcoming reservations but will have to get moving on this soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2016 Platinum Challenge
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi TLC51Welcome to the Insiders Community!  I can definitely help in providing more information in regards to which challenge you are eligible for.  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  11

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

richbine Platinum

I have not received the Platinum challenge and I am lifetime Platinum.  Also I have not received my Spring Megabonus offer either.  Thoughts?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

As Lifetime Platinum, why would you need a Platinum challenge? The challenge is a way for Gold elites to earn Platinum status early (before hitting 75 nights). If you're already Platinum, you don't need a challenge to be given Platinum status.

The MegaBonus is a different issue. Best way to get signed up is to call the rewards customer service line. Should take just a couple minutes to get signed up. Every year, some of us get left out (I didn't get a MegaBonus this year until I called). Not uncommon and easy to resolve.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi richbine.  In regards to challenges, in order to participate in one, you must reach out for enrollment.  Since you are already a Platinum, you are not eligible for a challenge.  In regards to the Spring MegaBonus, this is something I can help out with.  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to get the conversation started. 

dgusman Platinum

I would like to know about the Platinum Challenge.  I am Diamond at Hilton, but have been staying at the Pittsburgh Courtyard 4-5 days a week since the first of the year.  It looks like I will be doing so for at least the next 6 months to a year, and would like to move up to Platinum more quickly.  (in 2014, hilton awarded me Diamond status after only 15 nights, which is why I spent 130 nights at the Pittsburgh Doubletree that year.

One thing to keep in mind as far as challenges go is that you can only take a challenge to reach the next level. As a Silver you could do a Gold challenge. A Platinum challenge is only open once you reach Gold.

That said, the most worthwhile benefits kick in at Gold, so that's the level to reach. Getting to Platinum is great, but the incremental differences between Platinum and Gold are far smaller than the differences between Gold and Silver.

Platinum 28 Reviews

bejacob

Was that machete wielding guy in Columbus near you?

Not really. I've been to that restaurant before, but not in a number of years.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Hi everyone my name is Misterchk - and I must be new to this and very naive as I have no idea what a Platinum Challenge is and Marriott in their wisdom (?) never sent me any info -

Obviously they have determined that I am "challenged to the max" already and don't want to tax my energies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...