2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2016 7:58 PM by homoviator RSS

What would you like Marriott to offer as a rewarding event?

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know how Marriott decides what events to hold. Clearly the cooking one in Miami was very popular from what I read here.  But I'd like to know what other people would like to do to use their points.  I'd love to see maybe some movie premieres and party afterwards.  How about a weekend with Anthony Bourdain somewhere in Asia and we just have to eat whatever he feeds us?  What about a weekend trip in Madrid/Barcelona with a local food/tour guide?

I'm ready to pack my bags. This will keep me distracted for the rest of the day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What would you like Marriott to offer as a rewarding event?
    seatexan Platinum
    How about a weekend with Anthony Bourdain somewhere in Asia and we just have to eat whatever he feeds us?

LOL oh gosh! at least it would not be with Andrew Zimmern!   I'd go hang out with Anthony.

The closest things I have seen near me are in New Orleans.  Recently I got an e-mail about a place called Bacchanal Wine. It was just an "ad" not an event.  I have been there and was really surprised to see Marriott promote it.  It is a local joint but VERY disorganized and very fend for your own...fight over table and chairs as no one seats you.  Mostly outside, so weather needs to be good.  I am pretty sure none of the staff has ever washed off a chair there.  Personally, I didn't think the wine or cheese selection was good and neither did my friends (mid late 20's and we really like wine!).

If Marriott held a cooking event in New Orleans that would be awesome. I would go!  My schedule is not flexible enough for Asia, however if Anthony was there... I just might push it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What would you like Marriott to offer as a rewarding event?
      homoviator Platinum

I'd like to see more concerts too.  I don't have any particular group or individual, but if I am going to go to a concert, I'd love to have great seats and maybe an organized evening or weekend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...