22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2016 7:41 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott Blooper

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Who can find the blooper in this e-mail I received from Marriott regarding my upcoming stay?

MARRIOTT
Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
6647 Transit Road • Williamsville, New York 14221 USA

*****, open your Marriott Mobile App and check in* before you arrive at the Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental. We'll let you know when your room is ready and have your key waiting.
CHECK IN NOW

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Marriott North
  • Re: Marriott Blooper
    hassmh Gold

I hope the hotel is not really in New York, or it's a long distance from that airport!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Don't tell IAHFLYR they moved his airport to NY. He won't be too happy. Sounds like another Texas "oops" moment.

seatexan Platinum

Hahahaha! too funny!   I am headed that way next week....Maybe I should stay at Marriott North Houston if this one keeps moving around...

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

WARNING......Houston North Marriott......not so much.  Nice hotel, location to be desired.

There is a FFI and SHS just off the airport on JFK which are nice and I hear the Marriott on the airport has been refurbished so you can get to the terminals without needed a vehicle.  However; I'm pretty sure the refurbishment did not include a move to NY.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

JFK airport is awful for hotels. None on the airport. They all require a shuttle or cab. The airtrain is okay if you live in the area and take it to the airport, but not when staying at a hotel and taking it to the terminals.

seatexan Platinum

IAHFLYR I just booked at Houston North Marriott...It said shuttle to airport...hmmm

SeaTexan, my reference to not needing a shuttle to the airport was in regards to the IAH Airport Marriott which is between Terminal B and C at the airport.  The North Houston Marriott is located in the Greenspoint area which is probably five miles to the airport and yes you will require some type of transportation.

seatexan Platinum

Ah! Gotcha! ;D

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Houston North Marriott is in Greenspoint, locally known as Gunspoint but I'm guessing it's not named as such because it's linked to local manufacturing , but instead the rather less prosaic reason of excessive usage. I'm staying there after TIPPLE as the final part of my research trip visiting the local AG Enforcement office that's practically next door. I'll explore the area carefully!

By day only please!!

seatexan Platinum

When being mugged, just give them what they want and you won't get shot. honestly, I think the chance is REALLY low anyway.  Have no fear!

seatexan Platinum

Oh my gosh brightlybob!  I just got back from there today.  The hotel is pretty decent.  I forgot my toothbrush and requested on with the at your service app.  They delivered before I got there

IMG_5253.JPG

My mom and I (of course) had drinks and dinner there.  Service was at first TERRIBLE! but they got it together in the end.  We had a good time.  I did not help that United was having "airline school" for 6 weeks, and there were a ton of people flooding the bar.

IMG_5255.JPG

But you are REALLY in the middle of nothing... no other place to go hang out or eat.  I left around 7:30am and noticed a security guard outside the hotel.  Ok, that's good! Then! I stopped to get gas right down the road and saw this!

IMG_5259.JPG

Um... Well I have never seen such a sign at any gas station. It was scary and funny all at the same time.  Funny b/c of this forum and that we (IAHFLYR) had just talked about it. This was not a small sign either. I usually stay outside of my vehicle when pumping gas but not this time!

Location Brand Hotel
          Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Marriott North

I told you SeaTexan.......you were warned my friend!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

New York...haha...and it's near Buffalo to boot...little cold and snowy this time of year.

My reservation is for the new SpringHill Suites in Williamsville (Buffalo).  Houston would be warmer, but alas, it's off to frigid western NY for me.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I wonder if those New Yorkers speak "Texan"... Y'all from a New Yorker would really sound funny!!!!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Have they decided to add desks back into the rooms whilst moving the IAH Marriott to NYC? Even if they haven't moved IAH airport to NYC, at least the addition of in-room desks would make this business airport hotel more business friendly...

Probably the same idiot decided to remove desks from Marriott hotels as the one that decided the IAH Marriott really belonged in NYC!!!

brightlybob They moved the IAH Marriott to Buffalo, NY and not NYC. 

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

It may be irrelevant since the IAH Marriott has a complimentary airport shuttle.

That would make for one long shuttle ride!

You don't require a shuttle unless you really want one as the Marriott on IAH is connected by an ancient underground tram to all the Terminal buildings or is you are into a bit of exercise walk it along the walkway that runs right alongside the tram.