25 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2016 3:18 PM by AZDesertRat RSS

Tried But Keep Failing

drlandrum Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have tried to upload photos that are jpg, and I keep being told it failed...   Can someone help with why I can't upload photos? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tried But Keep Failing
    seatexan Platinum

What size are the images?  How many MB?

Right click on the image, select "properties" and check the image size.  If over 2.0 MB, that might be the cause. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

drlandrum Silver

Hi Sea Texan, they are between 36-40 KB.   I'm not super computer literate but I have uploaded photos before to other blogs and web sites.   

seatexan Platinum

Those are small enough! Hmmm I hope carat can help

drlandrum Silver

I know, that's why I can't understand it.  

seatexan Platinum

I will bet anything it is because you are still being monitored.  When I was being monitored when I first joined, I had to post, and get enough credits so they knew I was a real person and not a bot or spammer.  I could not even send Direct Messages.  I am sure once you are no longer monitored you can upload.  Keeping posting towards other discussions and get some credits .

drlandrum Silver

You are probably correct Sea Texan.   I joined many months ago but just started posting more recently.   By the way, I think I found a way to get them on, but they were not rotated, and I did not see a way to rotate them clockwise right so I just deleted it until I can find out how to do that...    UGH!   Thanks for all of your help and understanding.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi DrLandrum.  Apologies for the frustration this has caused.  I'd like to help trouble shoot this issue.  Would you mind sending me additional details about what you've been experiencing?  Thanks!

drlandrum Silver

Hi carat, and thank you for your assistance!   I can upload the pics but when I click on send I get messages that say error, I'm not allowed to do this...   I've tried one pic at a time and I've also tried several and get the same error msg.

Hi again DrLandrumSeaTexan has brought up a good point.  There were some changes made to make sure that the site wasn't getting spammed.  I've gone ahead and made a few changes within your account.  Would you mind trying to post again?  Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. 

drlandrum Silver

Thanks for your help carat!   I can understand why the site needs to be careful.    I think I can post them now, only  need to figure out how to edit and rotate on the site.   They  are not upside down on my computer, but once uploaded to the photography page they are.  

So glad to hear, DrLandrum! We are aware of this and are currently working on a fix.  I run into this frequently when adding photos.  This is a little silly, but one thing that has helped is rotating the pictures prior to uploading.  Let me know how it all works out... Looking forward to seeing your album

drlandrum Silver

No matter which way I rotate my pics they are on the side when i upload to this site.

pilam76 Platinum

Hey how do you tag someone? you tagged on your last reply to DrLandrum and it comes up in blue with a little card next to it. Thanks!!!

AZDesertRat Platinum

Type the @ and click on the name in the drop box that appears and it will be tagged in your message:

pilam76

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

DrLandrum

Are you uploading photos to discussions (or, in other words, using the little camera icon in the format bar, above) or are you trying to create a photo album?  The size limitation, mentioned above by SeaTexan, can be more problematic if you're trying to insert them.

The photo album feature is (sadly) clunky and rather antiquated by modern website standards, but - most of the time - it works pretty well.

Two more things to consider:

• you might want to try opening this site in a different browser (Explorer or Google or Firefox) - sometimes, in the past, when the site has been acting up, Explorer has outperformed Google, etc.
    • safe to assume your have plenty of bandwidth?  I've often found that my biggest problems loading pictures are related to upload speed, not the web site.

KEEP TRYING - some folks have posted some great photos in the past (and I hope they'll continue to do so)!!!!

MI Community Photo Galleries (Updated July 2016)

drlandrum Silver

Hi ssindc:   I am trying to upload to a photo album.   I'm using google chrome.  Oh yes I have plenty of bandwidth, as I said I don't have problems with uploading on blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.  I was able last night to upload but they keep coming up sideways, no matter if I rotate them or not before uploading to this site.  grrrrrrrrrr...   very frustrating.    Thanks for your help!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

that's strange since last time I uploaded a pic it kept being posted sideways even though it was correctly oriented on my desk top

drlandrum Silver

Well jerryl did you ever get the pic to upload correctly?   And if yes, what did you do?  Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Nope doc so it got posted sideways will see the next time and will let you know

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Most of my issue with photo uploads here are when I am attempting to copy a something and paste it into a post, at times it just won't work or it is the size of Texas!!

Uploading photos from my confuser I cannot recall an issue other than it takes longer some days than others to load. Keep trying and when you get the album loaded put a link to it here so we can all find it easier.

drlandrum Silver

I promise you if I ever get them uploaded correctly I will fly a plane with the message "follow this link to great pics..."  

I think I will try explorer as someone else suggested.   Perhaps it's windows 10, or google chrome...   

That could be since i was using windows 10

Chrome I have found to be the best for Insiders site.

drlandrum Silver

I know it hasn't been a problem for any other sites, but not sure of this one.   I just tell myself to breathe...

You know you have all of us on the edge of our seats.....in fact if we don't see pictures soon I know I'll need therapy!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...