4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2016 8:44 AM by 2puravida RSS

Recommendation for Panama City, Panama

2puravida Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just booked Panama for a business-type summit. Plan on using points as there are great point-savers offered. Close between Marriott and the Courtyard at the Metroplaza. Does anyone have a recommendation por favor?

s

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Recommendation for Panama City, Panama
    gatilla007 Silver

Hola 2puravida! Panama City holds great memories for me! I traveled there in '09 with a business group to do some work for usaid. They put us up at the Courtyard Metroplaza and we really enjoyed it. Considering that the property is in

a busy area and attached to a popular shopping center, it was surprisingly not noisy inside. As with most business hotels throughout Latin America, the breakfast service is much nicer than US hotels, with excellent fresh fruit options and coffee made right! We couldn't have asked for better service from the staff, very friendly people, polite and professional! I have recommended this hotel to friends who have traveled to Panama on vacation, and it's close enough to Canal Zone and many other popular destinations. Enjoy Panama!

courtyard.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

2puravida Platinum

Thank you gatilla007, I appreciate your sharing. Makes me even happier to get to Panama!

2puravida Platinum

Hola ssindc-thank you for great info. I will take time to check out your links. Now I have two great votes, one for CTY and one for the Marriott...

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

puravida, ENJOY YOUR TRIP - great stop!!!

I (really) enjoyed the Marriott (despite its somewhat awkward location).  I found it to be (very) well managed. Check out the link below for more information.

My best tip for you is to stop in the lobby and chat with the concierge and the travel desk.  I was also working, so I only had a single travel/tourism day.  They set me up with an extremely cost effective tourist taxi (that's the term of art):

• I was picked up in a comfortable air conditioned Honda Accord by a college educated, articulate, pleasant, and thoughtful guide/companion;
    • We discussed my priorities for the day (which were numerous), and he plotted a course, which worked out GREAT;
    • At most stops, we parked and then we walked/toured together, and I was very impressed with his knowledge and insights - at other points, he dropped me off, he dealt with the parking, and caught up with me later.

I was ecstatic with the experience - I could not believe how much I accomplished and saw and learned in the limited amount of time for an incredibly low price!!!

More details:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...